Environmental science jobs around Bamberg

7 posts in this topic

Hello there

I'm a recent graduate with a MSc in Environmental and Resource Management from the Technichal University of Brandenburg. I'm looking for a job in the government, NGO, or private sectors related to environmental science, geology, hydrology, hydrogeology in and around Bamberg. My Master thesis on "Comparing quality of rainwater and hand dug wells, boreholes and Oshanas water in the North - Central, Namibia, Cuvelai -Etosha Basin, Namibia". During my Msc. studies, I was mainly focused on modules related to Geology,groundwater, surface water, Municipal and Solid waste, wastewater.

I have a Bachelor of Science (Honours)in Geology, obtained in 2010 from the University of Namibia. my Bachelor thesis was on the Causes of nitrate enrichment in groundwater in Omaruru area, Namibia. Before I completed my Bachelor, I did an intership for 3 months at Ministry of Mines and Energy in Namibia and soon after the completion of my Bachelor, I did an internship for 6 months at a water consulting Company in Windhoek, Namibia. My responsibilities and duties at the water consulting company were: Supervision of Pumping Test at local mines and writing pumping test reports, groundwater monitoring, producing maps using ArcMap, producing cross - sections with Surfer, presenting data with Aquachem and so on.

Does anyone happen to know about a job in any of these areas (Geology, hydrogeology, hydrology, environmental science)or have some recommendtaions?

Does anybody have information regarding NGOs in and around Bamberg or even Munich?

Any help will be highly appreciated and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Ester

How well do you speak German? All government jobs will require fluent German (see www.bund.de).

Hi and welcome to TT.

Can't say anything about NGOs, but in terms of the private sector, I kind of doubt you're going to find anything in or around Bamberg, tbh. The big engineering firms are in the bigger cities - and those in the smaller cities will be looking for someone with experience, not fresh out of grad school. If you've done your masters in Germany, and speak good German, then surely you know which firms I'm referring to. AFAIK the DWA doesn't offer career ads, but they're a good place to start, to network. And get yourself a (free) profile on XING.com and start networking there as well - that's by far the most widely used professional networking site in Germany.

EDIT: I was wrong, DWA does have job ads, they can be found online under "Service". And check the firm listings on the Bavarian chapter as well.

Thank you very much your reply and helpful recommendations.

I would like to move to Bamberg, because my boyfriend lives there, so I was hoping to be close to him.

Do you know of engineering companies in the whole Bayern at large, that I can contact so that they will take me in as an intern?

I recommend going through the firm listings in the Bavarian chapter of the DWA, and contacting those that you think might be a good fit for you.