Boozy Book Club

88 posts in this topic

One more thing: bring any books you'd like to swap with others, a few of us will be bringing books we've already read to contribute to the swap :)

This is such a good idea... Ive never been to a book club, but read a lot (and mostly english authors). will this always be on thursdays? or might that be changed every now and then? because I have just started a French course thursday evenings...

ahh, my french course just started and will be until end of january... but I'll keep the boozy book club in mind and might come along for your february meeting :)

Hi all!

I would like to join book club too. :) What is the next book to read?

Where do you usually meet?

Thanks

Anastasija

Anastasija, Next book is Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. We're meeting on November 14, but haven't decided on a meeting place yet. Looking forward to meeting you!

I just got the book on my Kindle...looking forward to the next meetup and meeting everyone :)

Hi Dina1610 We're meeting next month on Thursday 14th November. How long is your French course on for? It would be good if you could come along

Hi! I just found this thread and am

Really interested in joining. I know I'm a little late but I can get as much of the book read as possible. What book are you reading for the November meet up??:)

Hi everyone. Looking forward to discussing Me Talk Pretty One Day with you all tomorrow evening :) As with the last few meetings, the places we meet at aren't necessarily aware there's a book club meeting so just look out for a large group with books/kindles on the table :)

Love this book...Don't mess with the Rooster! And the chapter on "the big boy" had me in tears. I dont think I can make it to this month's meeting but will keep checking back. I'm taking that this in not the normal TT book club that has been running for years?

We'll be meeting at Amalie Bier Restaurant Bar, Amalienstraße 87 near the Universitat.

Can someone tell me the starting time. I don't see it. That could make a difference for me.

For the December meeting, many people may be traveling for the holidays, so we decided to do a short book for december and decided on a longer book for january. On december 12, we will be discussing A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. It's very short and is available for an e-reader for free. We will be reading Gone With the Wind for the January meeting.