Paddy's Bar - Sports and live music

86 posts in this topic

City Center Cosy Irish Pub....LIVE MUSIC, SPORTS & PUB GRUB....Terrace

All Major U/S & Bus Rathaus & Jungfernstieg....only 10 min walk from Central Station

Schauenburgerstr. 40, 20095 Hamburg

Phone: 01732382654

Email: info@paddysbar-hamburg.com

www: www.paddysbar-hamburg.com

(information added by moderation team, PM sent)

TONIGHT: REO & LEE * Free Show *

http://https://www.facebook.com/events/140057112871385/?ref=2

We had a great 1st Night, many thanks for all the support!!

LIVE SPORTS in PADDY'S:

Sun: Cardiff v Man City 17hr

Mon: St. Pauli v Dresden 2015 & Man Utd v Chelsea 21hr

Tues: Arsenal v Fenerbahce & PAOK v Schalke 2045

Wed: Celtic v Karaganda 2045

Fri: Bayern v Chelsea 2045....Followed by LIVE MUSIC w. Bob Brady

Sat: Union Berlin v St. Pauli 13hr, Man City v Hull 1345 & HSV v Brauenschweig 1530...& Bobby Brady Rocks Paddys 21hr!!!

SUPER SUNDAY: Liverpool v Man Utd 1430 & Arsenal v Spurs 17hr!!

City Center Cosy Irish Pub...only 10 min walk from Central Station

I still say posting the address would make it easier to find :)

And for those too lazy to click the above link or those who hate visiting Facebook

Schauenburgerstr. 40, 20095 Hamburg

Phone: 01732382654

Email: info@paddysbar-hamburg.com

www: www.paddysbar-hamburg.com

Just Hoping this place is better than Finnigans Wake, and not just another place/new name of one

run by the same people of FW...

Just Hoping this place is better than Finnigans Wake

i'll let you know in about a week.

Great to see the HSV flag gone and a St. Pauli one in its place ;-)

Also great to hear the bar has nothing to do with FW. I'll be in at the weekend to sample the Guinness.

When is the website up? What food is on the menu?

& to set the record straight....Paddy's Bar has nothing to do with FW!!...

Well, I would like to believe you. Perhaps you can provide more info, seeing as I easily found the following:

finneganswakeirishpub.com

---------------------------------------

registrant-firstname: John

registrant-lastname: Kerr

registrant-organization: Finnegans Wake GmbH

registrant-street1: Boersenbruecke 4

registrant-pcode: 20457

registrant-city: Hamburg

paddysbar-hamburg.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eamon O'Brien (OBRIENEA77785)

Schauenburger Str. 40

Hamburg, 20457 DE

Ok, Nothing Incriminating here, But here's where it gets interesting..

A google search for "Eamon O'Brien hamburg" turns of this Facebook page for A Finnegan's Wake Parade. where the following post can be found.

Supposedly from the very same Mr. O'Brien..

Morning Everybody...just to keep you all updated...There is no Official Parade today but ca 100 Clan Members & other Ireland Fans will be meeting up in Finnegans/Fleetenkieker from 13hr... drink some Guinness, get a "freebee" & enjoy a "walk" to Irish Rover from about 15hr!!...It's the best we can do as we have no permission this year to host the Parade....2013 will be different!!

From the language of the post, Mr. OBrien is/was very involved with or employed by FW as of Around March 2012..

You can also see at the top of the page that it was also Mr. O'Brien that started this FW Facebook page..

Öffentliche Veranstaltung für Finnegan's Wake Hamburg · Von Eamonn O Brien

Some More searching show Mr.O'Brien is also quite active for other Irish Pubs In Hamburg. - Link

In his Xing Profile, he lists "bar Manager" As job title - Link Which Bar Exactly? I've found Ties

to Finnigans Wake, Irish Rover, Fleetenkieker and his this one..

So which is it? Honest Mistake or Shill/Front for another FW owned/managed Irish Pub in Hamburg.

(One which is also not to far away from FW as well) I'll let you be the judge..

Didn't think it was a crime to HAVE WORKED in Finnegans/Fleetenkieker....Still Paddy's Bar has nothing to do with any of the above mentioned Irish Pubs....albeit being owned & run by Eamon O'Brien!!

Hey Darkknight, you must have really hated FW to do all that detective work. I hated the place myself and in the few years I've lived here, I was there about 3 times and hated every 1 of those times. It was a dump! I'll definitely check out Paddy's Bar though to see what it's like. If I get a sniff of FW off the place though I'll be out of there!

I always thought sticky floors and drunks was so Irish :unsure:

I hope they have sticky floors and drunks at Paddys :P

Don't know why everyone keeps dissing FW. Noone was forced to go there. I thought the people were always ok the few times I went. As the Irish bar scene is fairly small in each city I would not put it beyond doubt that former employees might be working at a new place.

Of course DK you can come to Reinbek to the Irish watering hole that's run by a German. :lol:

@TB

Like you, I gave FW ample chances to improve/change.. It never happened. So I stopped going when I was in town..

I have since found other/better places to spend my $ in..

Didn't think it was a crime to HAVE WORKED in Finnegans/Fleetenkieker....Still Paddy's Bar has nothing to do with any of the above mentioned Irish Pubs....albeit being owned & run by Eamon O'Brien!!

Not a crime at all.. Just making sure that this place is truly separated from the people that run FK and FW..

Hopefully you were not one of those Bar people/waitstaff that were total dicks, as I have experienced and

that are mentioned on many Review sites.. Good luck to you and the new place..

PS: Dont be asshats and charge for entry if there is a game on.. Just saying..

Popped in here Saturday afternoon, pleasant little place, very nice pint of Guinness, no food or snacks yet, but was told this might change once the kitchen has been fitted.

Would I go again? yes definitely, whenever i'm in Central town and feel like a Guinness, but hopefully they will have some sort of snacks/ hot food when I call back.

post-233754-13782501669403.jpg

What's On @ Paddys?

Fri. International Football - England v Moldova & Germany v Austria 21hr....followed by LIVE MUSIC w NIK!!

Sat. DJ CRUMPY with his own Selection of Brit Pop

& The Paddy's Pub Grub Menu is available now...Shepherds Pie, Cornish Pasties, Bacon Butty, Tayto Crisps...

I've a spare couple of hours tonight after work and before meeting friends, so will head along and check this place out when I'm out of the office.