Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Moving from the US to Oberursel/Bad Homburg area

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

My husband and I are relocating to Oberursel/Bad Homburg in about 6 weeks with our 7 and 3 year old children. They are both very active in sports here in the US (baseball, soccer, golf, iceless hockey, etc) and I was wondering if there is anything available there for them. I have tried searching around the web but haven't been able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A lot of things are available here. Maybe not baseball or American football, but golf, tennis, field hockey, soccer, swimming, martial arts, track and field,... and from my experience a lot cheaper than in the US ;-)

You can pick up a booklet from the Town hall in Bad Homburg that lists all the clubs that operate in Bad Homburg - this lists the location and contact details of each sport. Also the Sport Hall in Kelkheim runs a sport camp in the holidays where the kids get to try a few different sport each day. I am sure that there is a similar booklet for Oberursel. (There is one field hockey club in Bad Homburg which operates from the Northwest Sports Stadium)

Oberursel has a Tennis hall although from the research I have done the 3 year old is too young and if I remember correctly you have to become a member first. Tennis club also in Bad Homburg. I have also been told that FIS run clubs and sport activities on saturdays that are open to non-pupils.

Which school is your 7 year old to attend?

I have three boys 7,8 and 9 they will be at European School Rhein Main in Bad Vilbel from September. If there is anything else I can help with please contact me. Oh as an aside if your child would want to take part in any games/matches then they will need a certificate from their Doctor that says they are fit to play. (My boys attended training but as yet they have not got this certificate so have not played any matches - soccer was their sport)

Nikki

Hi - I too am moving to the area soon. Anyone point at rugby clubs around Bad Soden/Oberursel/Bad Homburg area? I have found SC1880 which has both field hockey and rugby but wonder if any nearer that having to go more into Frankfurt.

Thanks

Hi, as far as I know there is nothing closer than SC1880 for rugby. Field hockey is easier to find. Bad Homburg has a good field hockey club. Kronberg does too I think.

My daughter has moved from US to Bad Homburg. My 6 year old grandson has joined a soccer club and enjoys it very much. He was 5 when he joined. The younger brother who is 4 is considered too young. Not sure how they found out about the club.