Long pinky finger nails

49 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone, I am back and I have a question about something.

My boyfriend's cousin visited us from the States last week.

He seemed like a really good guy, very talkative, at times rather hyperactive.

We've both noticed that his cousin had rather long pinky finger nails.

My boyfriend and I started debating if there is a certain reason why he has long pinky finger nails.

I am thinking he might be a cocaine addict.

Of course his personal life is none of our business but he is planning to live with us in our apartment.

What do you guys say?

Faugh, my older brother was the same back in 1975. He let his pinky fingernail grow and grow and grow for weeks but never touched pixie dust. He did roll his own cigarettes, though. And get drunk and hit by a car. How old is this kid? Chances are he'll grow out of it.

...I think it's perfectly wise to think twice before having a regular coke user move into your house.

I'm curious.

As for managing to get drugs, that won't be a problem at all, they are available in every town, in every area.

Any pointers here?

Plus does this guy had one long pinky nail or both? You wrote in plural in your first post. Why would you need both nails long?

This guy has been found to be a junkie, an addict, a cokehead. It's obvious, he has two nostrils.

Whoa! Wait a second here...

I always have a long little fingernail on my right hand, but that's because I'm a bass player and that finger isn't required to play. It's then the only actually nail I have that can get under sheets of paper, edges of tape, Etc.

However, from a lifetime long ago: if he's got permanent wet nostrils, sniffs a lot but has no other symptoms of a cold, can drink alcohol like a horse, smokes loads of cigarettes, has no sex drive and believes most of the crap he talks, I'd check the ledges in the bathroom for snow, just in case ;)

I talk a mile a minute and repeat myself but that is natural for me. I only ever used coke once in my life and I was talking fast and forgetting what I said a minute before way before I ever touched the stuff. Some people are just so. I have tried to get myself to talk slower, it is really hard...I speak fast in English and in German. We won't get into the repeating myself thing as I have memory comparable to a goldfish.

Any pointers here?

No, I'm not an expert, but when my kids were younger, I decided to educate myself so I would be aware of the dangers they would be confronting. For example, I was shocked to learn that pretty much every secondary school in Germany has drugs in or near them. I also believed that because I live in a small town (the one Angela Merkel started her election campaign in yesterday - go Angie!!!), that the kids would be safer, but again, I learned that the police in cities have more experience in dealing with drugs whereas in more rural areas, the police are not as well equipped. My kids are older now, but because I got the information and talked to them about it, they were able to tell me what was going on around them.

LIAB, he sounds like he needs to be watched, but hopefully, we're wrong and it's just a fashion statement.

Because I wanted at least a bit of colour on my nails.. but when I do them all.. they start chipping within 2 hours.

You need to try "gel polish". It's the bomb. I had this same problem, being an avid gardener, cook, and other pursuits involving the hands. It's been on for 2 weeks, no chips! Miracle.

I'm curious.

If I'm projecting cos of being robbed blind by a cokehead in the past? Or what reason I could possibly have to say such a thing?

Answer #1 is naw. I never made a habit of letting druggies sleep on my couch, even when I was one (a druggie, not a couch). For that matter I never let anybody else sleep on my couch long term unless they had a steady paycheck. Which segues nicely onto

Answer #2. The reason I'd hesitate to invite a regular coke user to live with me is that I already know two things about them: they are short-sighted AND bad with money.

Short-sighted, because anyone who's used enough times realizes that doing it is barely worth it even on a great night where you enjoyed yourself immensely--the comedown lasts longer than the high and for me anyway, far outweighed the fun bits. (Incidentally, the only time I ever gave any serious thought to whether being dead might be preferable to being alive was on a comedown. I happened to be walking across the Aurora Bridge at the time.) As I said before, this gets worse the more regularly you use, so anyone who does it more than once in a blue moon has serious issues with the concept of following an idea through to its inevitable conclusion and making a wise choice accordingly.

Really good coke might be worth the money on highly infrequent occasions but as a routine form of entertainment it's plainly idiotic. It makes about as much fiscal sense as chartering a helicopter to go to work. It's as wasteful and frivolous as a Catholic bishop.

Show me a short-sighted person who's bad with money and needs to share accommodation and I'll show you someone who'll fall behind in their rent eventually. If you're lucky you might get the money off them after you've given them the boot, but probably not. They'll be too busy wasting somebody else's time and making promises they know they can't keep. A dedicated recreational cokehead is a person who simply hasn't yet grasped that things are NOT going to be different this time.

Maybe he just doesn't have a pair of fucking nail clippers?

Don't all thank me at once.

:lol: Brilliant! But that doesn't explain how the other 8 nails are trimmed. ;)

If I'm projecting cos of being robbed blind by a cokehead in the past? Or what reason I could possibly have to say such a thing?

A very interesting read. Thanks.

Maybe he just doesn't have a pair of fucking nail clippers?

He could always bite his nails!!

Brilliant! But that doesn't explain how the other 8 nails are trimmed.

Maybe that's the finger he uses to scratch his arse... :huh:

Edit... Mlovett... shouldnt that be 9 nails?

I am thinking he might be a cocaine addict...he is planning to live with us in our apartment.What do you guys say?

Let him move in with you anyway because coke fuelled threesomes are a shitload of fun.

I am thinking he might be a cocaine addict.

Why an 'addict'? Perhaps he is just a heavy user who can 'quit-any-time' he wants! :D

To the OP:

Listen to your instincts. If they are clanging, don't let the cousin stay at your home!

No need to justify this to your partner - a bad feeling is something you do not want when you are going to work and leaving that person alone at home. Sorry if I am that direct, but do put your foot down.

I have dealt with cokeheads before (two of them were my bosses at halfway decent IT jobs). Both were erratic high energy fast talkers.

Me and a friend (we are both from the medical business) usually do the following test when we are suspicious - in a situation with low lighting (getting stuff from the basement etc.) "accidentally" shine a flashlight in their eyes and see if the pupils contract (observe them while apologizing profusely ;) ). Pupils that do not budge are a good indicator of drug abuse.

(BTW, both bosses failed. Boss 1 later was caught with coke in the bathroom by the secretary. Boss 2 later openly admitted use "only at home", and I could have some, too. Yeah, right.)

Both bosses stole money from the respective company and ran it into the ground.

When I lived in north China most of the men with long pinky nails had them so they could dig gold out of their nose all day. Especially true of cab drivers, who were always picking out the pollution. I always washed my hands twice after paying/exchanging bank notes with cab drivers.

AmandaUCSC, I think you might appreciate this:

post-231486-1376912816193.jpg

Got this from a Beijinger magazine handout (I live in Bejing, well...not for long, 4 more days and I'm in Germany!)

OP: maybe you have a case of a guy who has learned to appreciate the versatility of a long pinky nail. I suggest you try it yourself before you knock it ;-)

I thought the chinese grew their fingernail on the little finger because of some fucking idiotic backward nonsensical belief that if your little finger comes up higher than the last joint on your ring finger, then you get "good luck". Of course, all it really means is that your fingers are all out of proportion, so not many people have it. Ergo, they grow a nail longer to pretend to themselves that a finger is longer to ensure that they get good luck. Moronic.

I was stopped by the police in Munich, and they questioned the length of my finger nails and if I used them to snort coke. I pointed out that one hand had long nails, the other short, like many many other people who play guitar.

Bavarian police. More moronic than chinese taxi drivers.

I thought the chinese grew their fingernail on the little finger because of some fucking idiotic backward nonsensical belief that if your little finger comes up higher than the last joint on your ring finger, then you get "good luck". Of course, all it really means is that your fingers are all out of proportion, so not many people have it. Ergo, they grow a nail longer to pretend to themselves that a finger is longer to ensure that they get good luck. Moronic.I was stopped by the police in Munich, and they questioned the length of my finger nails and if I used them to snort coke. I pointed out that one hand had long nails, the other short, like many many other people who play guitar.Bavarian police. More moronic than chinese taxi drivers.

wow don_riina, what's with the harsh judgement? every culture has it's own idiosyncrasies, who's to say whose is 'moronic, idiotic, backward and nonsensical'? :rolleyes:

don_riina is one of the "funny" guys of the forum, do not take him seriously.