Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English-speaking OB/GYN in Wurzburg

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

My family and i just moved to wurzburg, germany a couple of months ago.

Does anyone recommend a good OB/Gyn who are a english speaker?

Preferably a female ob/gyn doctor.

Thank you so much for your help.

Cheers!

I don't know Würzburg that well, Hilvano, but I did a quick search for Frauenärtzt/in in your city that speak English and found this one:

Dr. med. Birgit Fischer

Fachärztin für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe

Praxishinweise

Fremdsprachen: Englisch, Französisch, Italienisch

Phone number and address is on the website. Give them a call or drop by their medical center.

In my years in Würzburg, I went to Dr. Pöhl on Kaiserstrasse (near the Bahnhof, between C&A and Fielmann). Unfortunately, he's not female as you specified, but I found him very good, very knowledgeable and speaks good English. However, getting an appointment, waiting times and his staff are all difficult. I put up with it because I felt confident in his expertise, and was going through a patch where that was much needed.

I go to Dr. Silvia Hobert (website here) and highly recommend her. She is very thorough and has a friendly staff. She has many patients, but if the wait will be long, the lady at the reception desk tells you so you can run errands. Normally, however, I don't have to wait very long. Plus, she's centrally located and near Juliuspromenade/Barbarossaplatz, so easy to get to by public transportation.

I started going to her from the beginning and had no problems being able to understand her or be understood when English slipped through my broken German. She's very calm, really listens to you and, as I wrote before, is very thorough with the examinations.

Welcome to Würzburg!