What's your favorite German music?

93 posts in this topic

Thanks for the Comedian Harmonists' song. So lovely and cheery. Happy Days are Here Again is what it is called in English.

yeah, Peter Fox is one (of the three) lead singers of Seeed. Like them a lot too

Wow! I've never heard of Seeeds, but really like Mr. Fox's tunes. Just had a listen. Great stuff!!

The following isn't really 'German' music, except that it's made by a German, but it's right up my alley.

Deichkind

Falco - Although technically Austrian

OK KID

Udo Lindenberg (one of my faves)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li0sv9N8mjU

Philip Poisel

Kraftklub

Have to say that unfortunately, I am a sucker for german Hip-Hop and Gangsta Rap. Marteria, Sido, Prinz Pi, Nico Suave, Käptn Peng all sit on my playlist.

Also a big Ostrock fan

City - Am Fenster is a seriously good song, you will see any East German pretty much start crying when they hear the intro!

Silly

Rammstein- all of their songs and Comedian Harmonists (I really like their song Du Passt So Gut Zu Mir). And of course I have a list of other German bands that I like, but these are my top two.

Here are some old songs you may like too:

Du bist als Kind zu heiß gebadet worden (i.e. "you're nuts")

Amalie geht mit 'nem Gummikavalier

Ich kann dein grünes Seidenkleid nicht leiden

Mein Fräulein, kennen Sie schon meinen Rhythmus?

War'n Sie schon mal in mich verliebt?

(Max Hansen was a brave musician and he risked his life in Nazi Deutschland with this song)

Ich habe in der Liebe ein Prinzip

Wenn das Wörtchen "wenn" nicht wär'

Wolfsheim - "Kein Zurück"

I loved the song so much when I first heard it that I went out and bought the Hamburg-based group's album Casting Shadows. A little bit of trivia: They named themselves after the character Meyer Wolfshiem in F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby.

I am enjoying all music. But Schlager is special for me. Tonight is Schlagerfest in Balderschwang. At 19.30Uhr, with live music and this heat, it should be fun!

Also, Hubert v. Goisern, while from Austria and is very political and progressive(?), is a favourite of mine.

...and as Burgberg is the next village over...

The first one is fantastic! I love the fusion between rock and traditional alpine music.

The second, sorry, but coming just from the other side of the Alps, I prefer the canto degli alpini :D