American dentist moving to Dresden area

9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am an American trained dentist with 15 years of experience who has been living in Germany for 5 years now. Recently I got out of the Army contractor job and got my German dental license. I would like to find a good job here in Germany. I am also in the process of moving to the Dresden/Chemnitz area.

So I am looking for a good job with good pay in the Dresden/Chemnitz area. I won't rule out doing non dental job. I speak English, Chinese, German, and some Czech. I am a nice person, hard working, and very willing to learn new things. Can anyone give me some advise or give me a nice job?

Thanks a million...

P

Since you're moving to the Dresden/Chemnitz area, I've taken the liberty of moving your posting from the "nationwide" ad sub-forum to the "Central Germany" sub-forum. My first suggestion would have been to get your professional qualifications recognized, but I see you've already gotten your German license, which is a good first step. Your next step is to start networking. Get in touch with the Zahnärzte Kammer in Saxony, get yourself a (free) profile on XING.com, which is the main German professional networking site, and go from there.

As a non-EU citizen, you will have to go through the Vorrangprüfung to get a work permit (see the TT Wiki page for more information on that), but your professional qualifications and your German language skills give you a much better basis to do so than those who are searching for unskilled jobs. Or do you by any chance hold a second (EU) citizenship, or are you married to an EU national - that would help you get around the Vorrangprüfung.

You might find a job with Zahnkliniken or Gemeinschaftspraxen.

http://www.jobdental.de/jobs.html

http://www.zahnaerzte-in-sachsen.de/app/zahnaerzte/stellenboerse/mitarbeiterangebote/list

And if you do end up in Dresden, please, let us know! My german dentist peeks at my teeth and says I don't need anything done...even if I have booked a cleaning! I'm giving you business lady- clean my freaking teeth :angry:

peeks at my teeth and says I don't need anything done

I wish my dentist would say that for once...

Hi there,

I am now working as a dentist in Chemnitz, which is about 45 minutes on Autobahn A4 from Dresden. If anyone interested in coming to see me, please contact Dr. Peter Goh DMD MS at

http://www.zahnarzt-weigert.de/startseite.html

American dentist here with 16 years of experience and a Master's degree in Oral Biology and worked as a Contract dentist with the US Army for the last five years. I am not a good seller so I won't sell you the things you don't need.

Thanks

Dr. Peter Goh

Hi Everyone, 

I am an American dentist currently residing in California, my husband and I are thinking about moving to Germany for a couple of years. Is my American dental degree and my American dental license valid/accepted in Germany? What are the steps that I need to follow in order to be eligible to work in Germany? 

Thank you , stay safe and have a great day. 

10 minutes ago, OmaSum said:

I am an American dentist currently residing in California, my husband and I are thinking about moving to Germany for a couple of years.

Is there any special reason you think it is a good idea to move to a foreign country in the middle of a global pandemic? 

Is my American dental degree and my American dental license valid/accepted in Germany?

Not automatically. 

What are the steps that I need to follow in order to be eligible to work in Germany? 

The exact procedure varies by state, however, you need to have your qualifications evaluated by the local health ministry and C1 German. In Berlin the evaluation process can take over a year. 

How well do you already speak German? Where do you want to work?