Medieval battles with padded weapons · Sun. 14.October.2018 @ München

98 posts in this topic

We will do our semi-weekly swordfighting practice this Sunday in Englischer Garten on the lawn a bit south-west of the lake (see http://goo.gl/maps/5ael9). All are welcome, beginners and on-lookers too. No equipment is required.

Bring water and loose-fitting clothes that can stand getting sweaty and dirty. Knee protection, leather gloves, or boots with ankle support are also good. We will postpone in case of heavy rain or very slippery ground.

Belegarth is full-speed, full-contact, free-form medieval combat using heavily padded swords, shields, flails, etc. The rules are simple, the weapons are safe, and the experience is the closest you'll get to being on in an actual battlefield of the Dark Ages. Anyone can join, no experience nor armor needed. We have about 20 swords, 2 shields, a flail, and bow and arrow available, but any number of people can join, the more the merrier.

I went last Sunday and had a great time. Muscles throughout my body still aching (from the exercise, not the beatings I received :P ). Definitely going again this Sunday. Great way to meet new people - and bop them with foam swords. Could also make for excellent couples therapy.

Swordfighting tomorrow (4/8) is cancelled due to weather. Next time will be Sunday 11/8.

Swordfighting is now *every* Sunday. And we have more weapons - axe, flails, javelins, lots of swords, and several more shields. All we need is *you* to build up the ranks and smite thy enemy.

Today's fighting practice (23/3) is cancelled due to rain making the field dangerously slippery. Next weekend looks much better, though.

No fighting today (11/11). It just rained, and more rain is on the radar. See you next Sunday.

-Lars

Mr Metall would like to come, too (has experience). What time does it start?

I'm sorry I didn't see these message in time, my notification settings were wrong. Yes, there was fighting last Sunday, and there will be the coming Sundays, too, barring bad weather, from 11:00 to 14:00. Unfortunately, I won't be there for the next four Sundays due to travelling. I hope to see you all once I'm back.

fuzzytony, you may have to talk with the park authorities about that. It's a bit larger than the one we had at Equinox once.

-Lars

Notice that we're skipping this Sunday 13/7 due to many people being away. See you on the 20th!

-Lars

Hey! Come out and fight this Sunday! Spears, axes, bows, swords, so many options. Why not give it a try?

17 people on the field last Sunday, can we get more this Sunday? Newcomers are very welcome.

Yes, definitely. Your clothes will get sweaty and dirty, and you'll want to be able to move freely.

Hi There!

Is there a Battle on Sun, Aug 31? If so, at what tine at the battlefield?

War is calling!

Mikele

Yes, we will fight, unless the rain gods are angry with us. The forecast looks iffy, but they've been wrong before, so just use common sense. I'll be out there at 11AM unless it's pouring down rain.

Note to self: Updating the date on the event is not enough for people to realize there's fighting.

-Lars