Game of Thrones (TV series) (Spoilers )

266 posts in this topic

Got up early this morning to watch it before seeing any spoilers. Gosh!

My question now being has the TV series caught up with the books?

Can I now go poring over those book-heavy fan sites without fear of further spoilerhood?

Jon Snow never gets to find out who his mother is? Hmmm...

Just a little convenient that Melisandre turned up at Castle Black moments beforehand. Her magic could work wonders for the dead crow!

As far as I know, kludgie, I believe the series is nipping on the heels of GRRM's most recently published book. Or, according to this article from Quartz from a few hours ago, both the TV series and the books are now neck and neck.

For the First Time on 'Game of Thrones', Book Readers and Show Watchers are at the Same Point in the Story

The game has changed. Following the season 5 finale Sunday night, HBO’s colossal hit series Game of Thrones has now either gone past or diverged from every major plot in the books on which it’s based. That means that two things will now fundamentally change the way people enjoy the series: Show watchers are safe from book spoilers, and book readers are just as much in the dark about the story as everyone else.

And no doubt both the TV and book fans are devouring the stories so fast that poor old GRRM is having to tell them to slow down so he can keep up with completing the next two books in the Ice and Fire series: The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.

The addiction to the stories is overwhelming. Fans like me just need to...

Let It Go.jpg

You know, after watching the season five finale again tonight I got to thinking that when Brienne of Tarth lifted her sword up and then brought it down on...

Brienne_Of_Tarth.thumb.jpg.bf83d1c174609

... Stannis Baratheon, she didn't complete the task. She cried out a shriek more than an angry grunt because I reckon somebody stopped her before the sword came down; either by deadly force with a knife in Brienne's back, or by blocking her sword with another. I haven't caught up with the latest in the book series, but I understand that part of the story is yet to be written.

Stannis deserves to die after burning his daughter Shireen at the stake. And yet nobody has any love for that asshole Ramsay Bolton either - the twisted little fuck that helped defeat Stannis Baratheon's army.

Anyway, next year's season is too far away for me. :(

Vanity Fair: What We Can Expect from Game of Thrones Season 6

Will be watching the whole series ( well most of it ) the coming weeks - so I think I won't read any of the posts - been saving the series for this trip 

Just use spoiler tags, like before. You can even nest them:

This is a spoiler

(still)

I've watched Arya take out Ser Meryn so many times. I love it. It's a brutal horrific scene starting with her taking out both his eyes with nasty looking knife. Of course I adore Arya, and didn't really care for Ser Meryn until I saw him whipping underage prostitutes and then decided he really wasn't a nice person, and was looking forward to siccing Arya on him.

But the fight between the mountain and prince Oberyn. I love this scene until the mountain gouges out Oberyn's eyes. I really find that bit a little bit unpleasant. Like everybody I was very fond of Oberyn. And not particularly fond of the mountain.

So what about you? Which scene of eye destruction do you find more invigorating?

Who shed a tear at the family reunion? It was just so lovely, sniff sniff. 

Excellent episode. You can see things slowly coming together now... it's going to get interesting :o

The last 2 episodes have been quite good.

Bran's "ability" will reveal Jon's real identity. R+L=J theory looks more possible than ever.

The "Bastard Bowl" approaches quickly and I do hope the a certain giant will be there, grab Ramsey by the ankles, and splits him into two :D 

I am worried on how they will handle the fact that Bran has apparently the ability to "interact" when doing his thing. That could lead to many paths but also to many plot holes.

Daenerys played the fire card for a 2nd time (really impressive to say the least).

I hope this season continues strong...

It was so sad. It's been a while since it really felt that rough. Such a superb episode. Every episode this season and just been amazing. Maybe because without the books for the first time we don't know what's coming so it makes each episode all the more powerful. 

They're doing an amazing job I don't want this season to end.