Game of Thrones (TV series) (Spoilers )

266 posts in this topic

Looks like we'll see big brother Doran Martell next season.

Hopefully his revenge mission goes a little more to plan...

When are the good guys finally going to start winning some shit? Seriously GOT is starting to piss me off. And can they finally reunite some of the stark family members. The sisters better not be within meters of each other and not get to reunite.

In the books that's true. No doubt HBO changed her age for the TV show.

While actress Nathalie Emmanuel was 23 years old when she was cast in the role, in the books Missandei is only 10 years old when she is introduced, the same age as Arya Stark at the time. In spite of her age, she is incredibly intelligent well beyond her years and serves as a key advisor and aide to Daenerys.

What creeped me out was Missandei and Daenerys Targaryen discussing whether or not Grey Worm was totally castrated.

Daenerys: "When the slavers castrate the boys, did they take all of it?"

Missandei: "All of it?"

Daenerys: "The pillar and the stones?"

post-9625-14019114443342_thumb.jpg

What the hell was all that with Missandei and Grey Worm?!

I thought the scene was sweet. Missandei and Grey Worm already have a good working relationship, and when Grey Worm saw her naked, despite his lack of tackle he found her a most pleasant sight (as did most men watching). Then he realised he'd been a bit out of order, and came to her to apologise. She didn't feel an apology was necessary, and finished by telling him she was glad he had seen her so.

She actually looked more vulnerable telling him that, then being exposed in the water. I would welcome a Missandei and Grey Worm relationship. It looks like Daenerys would approve too.

When are the good guys finally going to start winning some shit? Seriously GOT is starting to piss me off.

But isn't that one of the strengths of the series? The physical setting of the story may be in a fictional world inspired by medieval Europe, but the other components are all contemporary.

Tony Blair and George Bush still have their liberty, as well the hoardes of rapists and murderers that escape justice every day in the real world.

The boobage of Missandei creeped me out, given she is meant to be an 11 year old.

I saw a grown woman. Not a little child. Who cares if she is 11 in the book. HBO gave us a grown woman.

From crushed skulls to having molten gold poured onto one’s head, death on the Game of Thrones is seldom civilized. And for a donation of $20,000, author George R.R. Martin is offering fans a chance to meet their own gory end — not on screen but in his next novel.

Although it comes at a hefty cost, Martin’s offer is for a good cause. All money collected from the crowdfunding campaign will go to Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary — which houses more than 60 wolves and wolf-dogs, many of them rescued — and the Food Depot of Santa Fe, N.M.

I guess Maester MadAxe could die of a heart attack in a Littlefinger brothel.

But isn't that one of the strengths of the series?

Hodor!

First you have to have some good guys in order for them to win...

Hodor!

I saw a grown woman.

Hodor!

I guess Maester MadAxe could die of a heart attack in a Littlefinger brothel.

Hodorrrr!

My fav actor in Game of Thrones is Emun Elliott's character 'Marillion', a tongueless troubadour wandering the Seven Kingdoms and selling his skills in return for bed, board and coin...

"The boar's great tusks, they boded ill,

for good King Robert's health.

And the beast was every bit as fat,

as Robert was himself.

But our brave King cried, 'Do your worst,

I'll have your ugly head,'

You're nowhere near as murderous as

the lion in my bed."

King Robert lost his battle,

and he failed his final test,

The lion ripped his balls off,

And the boar did all the rest."

―Marillion

Excellent season finale. :D Now I feel those GoT withdrawal symptoms coming on already. :(

Let me just tuck these little gems under here:

Get to the cave! Ray Harryhausen's living skeletons are coming!

post-9625-14030428860933_thumb.jpg

Bye, bye, Hound!

post-9625-14030429019829_thumb.jpg

in the last episode, did anyone else get abit of a jason and the argonauts vibe? :D Made me geek out bigtime

Link to the specific scene I mentioned

You betcha. ;) I name-dropped Ray Harryhausen under my spoiler tag in Post #115. I believe the scene was a tribute to the famous visual effects creator who passed away last year.

Edit: Oh, of course. That New York Times review I added to Post #116 mentioned it as well. I forgot about that.

But first, they had to take on a subterranean skeleton army in a thrilling and beautifully rendered sequence so clearly inspired by “Jason and the Argonauts,” I suspect it was a sort of tribute to Ray Harryhausen, the great visual effects pioneer who died last year.