Game of Thrones (TV series) (Spoilers )

266 posts in this topic

Game over. Yeah, it was a bit ho-hum, even if it was watched by .5 million over in the States, most likely because of the penultimate episode's shocker. But overall I liked this finale, albeit once again ending with Daenerys Targaryen as did the season one finale when she stood in smoldering ruins as her dragon eggs hatched.

post-9625-13709000272326.jpg

Sad news reported earlier today: George R. R. Martin Kills Off Whole Family

Very funny but quite sweary so better not play it loudly in the office

That was just... awesome.

That scene where Arya Stark approaches the Frey guards at the campfire before she makes her first kill had me chuckling. I couldn't help but be reminded of the scene in Monty Python's Life of Brian when Brian meets the People's Front of Judea. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amcG-ebJb_E

"What d'ya want?"

"Mind if I keep warm?"

"Fuck off."

"But I'm hungry."

"Does 'Fuck off' mean something different where you're from?"

"Fuck off! We're the People's Front of Judea!"

You late comers have it easy. I read the first book 17 years ago. At that time no one really knew it or had heard of it, it slowly became more well known but the wait for each book was an eternity, then there was the massive wait for book 5 which was a major disappointment. It's hard being a George Martin fan, especially when he insists on keeping writing that wild Cards tripe instead of getting on with Game of Thrones.

Okay, FuzzyTony!!! The Best, I am now waiting for Dexter to tear that young, punk "Justin Bieber" apart!!

The new Dexter has me freaked out!!! Did you see the drawings that he did as a child?

Yep, I did indeed, Renee.

post-9625-13728538750688.jpg

post-9625-13728538900874.jpg

Nice little twist at the end of that episode. We're all suspect of Dr. Evelyn Vogel (Charlotte Rampling), but I didn't expect her to come out with that comment to Dex. :o

Was that actually made by HBO? Hard to believe they'd choose crappy R&B music to overlay it.

Yeah, it's theirs. The video is on their own website as per the link I added above.

That crappy R&B song is the Boyz II Men version of Freddie Perren & Christine Yarian's song "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday". :blink:

I'm not reading this thread because I just finished season 2 and don't want any spoilers.

I thought some of you might find this article about how HBO is happy we are pirating GOT.

“That's better than an Emmy.

”I’ll let that sink in for a minute: The head of Time Warner thinks that having his stuff stolen is better than winning the highest honor that the TV industry has to offer..."

Oh my GoT, season four is going to be an epic one. I'm glad I made my trip to Marrakech, Morocco, where not far away is the town of Essaouira, the location for the filming of the desert scenes in this upcoming season. Ouarzazate in Morocco is another location GoT used for filming which I had the pleasure of visiting.

Have a look at this recently-released GoT feature:

Game of Thrones Season 4: Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing