Game of Thrones (TV series) (Spoilers )

263 posts in this topic

Having read to the end of Book 5, I'm not sure I need to read any more. George Martin's method becomes very predictable: if any character (whether "good" or "bad") seems to be doing well for a while, making progress, then watch out: they're going to be betrayed, assassinated, eaten by a snow thing, turned into stone or buried in snot. After a while you just stop caring.

The first comment on that article is hilarious - someone forget to read the bit about it being a spoof news article :lol:

There's always one, no matter if it's Newsthump, The Onion, or any other satirical site: there's one that didn't get it :)

Personally I'm upset there was a whole episode without boobies.

I'm upset that we aren't going to see Talisa's boobies again.

http://teamcoco.com/video/george-rr-martin-game-of-thrones-spoilers

Leaked DVD Commentary for series 4 ;)

I like this rendition of the Game Of Thrones theme by violinist Lindsay Stirling with the voices from Peter Hollens...

The Red Wedding was apparently based on the true story of the Black Dinner, which happened in Edinburgh Castle in 1440.

As well as the Massacre of Glencoe in 1692.

post-9625-13707202564792_thumb.jpg

George R.R. Martin: "The Red Wedding is based on a couple real events from Scottish history. One was a case called The Black Dinner. The king of Scotland was fighting the Black Douglas clan. He reached out to make peace. He offered the young Earl of Douglas safe passage. He came to Edinburgh Castle and had a great feast. Then at the end of the feast, [the king's men] started pounding on a single drum. They brought out a covered plate and put it in front of the Earl and revealed it was the head of a black boar — the symbol of death. And as soon as he saw it, he knew what it meant. They dragged them out and put them to death in the courtyard. The larger instance was the Glencoe Massacre. Clan MacDonald stayed with the Campbell clan overnight and the laws of hospitality supposedly applied. But the Campbells arose and started butchering every MacDonald they could get their hands on. No matter how much I make up, there’s stuff in history that’s just as bad, or worse."

Mad Men reacts to the Red Wedding on Game of Thrones. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AntMlMOmKs

bad blood between Campbells and Macdonalds ever since

Nobody holds grudges like the Scots.

Unfair.. This is simply unfair!

Not only the red damn wedding, but this topic as well. Damn you George R. R. Martin