Game of Thrones (TV series) (Spoilers )

266 posts in this topic

I don't know. We never saw Jamie and Cersei's dead bodies - just them in the collapsing dragon skull crypt. Maybe we'll have a *shocking* reveal in the final episode.

The two things that most disappointed me in the last couple of episodes: 1: Brienne is a total badass for 7 seasons, but slip her the D and she becomes an emotional, crying wreck. 2: After all he's gone through (including slipping Brienne the D), Jamie decides he's an asshole after all and goes back to rescue his sister - presumably so they can fuck some more and have more incest babies. 3: The fight between Euron Grayjoy and Jamie was pretty stupid, too. Nothing would have been lost if he just died when Drogon torched his ship and blew him into the water.

In contrast, Dany's heel turn has been foreshadowed at least since season 2, when she walked through the throne room in what looked like snow, but what we now know is ash. It's obvious now that she won't win the Throne of Swords, unless it's perched atop the bones of the thousands of innocent people she killed.

I'll watch next week's episode to see how they wrap everything up, but I, too, think that they really screwed the pooch on the writing this final season.

I'm betting on either John or Sansa.

29 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

I don't know. We never saw Jamie and Cersei's dead bodies - just them in the collapsing dragon skull crypt. Maybe we'll have a *shocking* reveal in the final episode.

My thought is that they didn't die but somehow become trapped under the ruins. Jaimie who is heavily injured by Euron, is about to die and Cersei is also injured, he decides to kill her so that she will not suffer and so the prophecy that her younger brother will kill hell fulfills. But that would made sense and with the current writers it is highly unlikely it will happen :D 

3: The fight between Euron Grayjoy and Jamie was pretty stupid, too. Nothing would have been lost if he just died when Drogon torched his ship and blew him into the water.

That was one of the lowpoints for me as well. Brief, comic and the cheesy line that he "killed Jaimie" at the end...

In contrast, Dany's heel turn has been foreshadowed at least since season 2, when she walked through the throne room in what looked like snow, but what we now know is ash. It's obvious now that she won't win the Throne of Swords, unless it's perched atop the bones of the thousands of innocent people she killed.

I'll watch next week's episode to see how they wrap everything up, but I, too, think that they really screwed the pooch on the writing this final season.

I'm betting on either John or Sansa.

The moment she decides to go in full Beserk mode, was good. Very well expressed by Clarke as well. Also Grey worm's moment when he decides to kill the surrender and innocent out of rage and revenge, showing what war and  revenge can do to a good man, was one of the highlights.

I was pretty sure that Jon will have to kill Dany in the end (after killing Grey worm who will protect her to death), but Arya is also a good bet. I presume that Jon will still have no desire to rule, will go to the North, find Tormund and Ghost and make the spin off "The little house on the icy prairie"...

So my bet of ruling would go to Sansa, unless Tyrion survives, or they divide north and south, as they are in very good terms with another.

But honestly they have totally screwed it and expected much more after 2 years of waiting...If it wasn't final season and this was happening on season 4,5 I probably would have stopped watching.

Me too, I get the feeling that aside from pertinent plot points, George RR Martin wasn't involved much. All the plot intricacies that were so abundant in the previous seasons are lacking.

Not to totally dis it, there are some amazing scenes and maybe next week's episode can save some grace...

1 hour ago, Alexnf said:

That was one of the lowpoints for me as well. Brief, comic and the cheesy line that he "killed Jaimie" at the end...

Ditto.. and the writers wasted a lot by not fleshing out Euron`s character in previous episodes.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Indeed, that has been built up throughout the series, I am a tad flummoxed that fans are complaining about it, seeing as there have been many indicators from previous staffel.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

It's obvious now that she won't win the Throne of Swords,

Only question is who does the dirty deed, My 2c is on her nephew / lover  Jon snow with help from Arya. It would also screw up the Blue eyes brown eyes green eyes prophecy though, so I am probaby wrong ..

I expect Drogon to be ordered to crisp Jon by Dany, and Drogon refuses.

Who will end up on the throne? My bet is Bran  after Jon  turns it down and heads North ( takes the black up again, though why they need the wall now is moot ) This of course also assumes Gendry will pop his clogs in the last episode.

Tyrion to get his in the first 30 minutes possibly

I have a sneaking feeling we have not heard the last of Bronn though.

Sansa to rule in the North with Brienne as her hand.

Tormund is already running like the wind to get back to Winterfell :lol:

Sam to be Bran`s hand.

Either way, 3am monday I will be watching ;)

Just read a Spoiler Leak about the finale.

Gandalf and Frode die in the last episode.

I actually found it to be good. Followed the idea of the mad king/queen!

Jon spurned her, her child was dead, her handmaiden dead, everything lost. Noone loves her!

Revenge! cleanse with fire!

Bran sent the Uber horse

D6hP_P8UEAAsB0Q.jpg.0e2bc3b752ee6b53ee3c

Game of Thrones petition: 500,000 demand series eight remake

I have enjoyed watching each episode this season. But on reflection, always felt a bit disappointed. After this last episode though, I feel less conflicted. I assume that Aryia will now go on to kill Daenerys, leaving John on the throne with his sisters by his side. All said and done, this is satisfying to me. It means that the Starks have defeated the white walkers, defeated the Lanisters and then taken down Daenerys to leave them the last ones standing. Each take down has been maybe a bit weak, but the conclusion works for me.

The only question I have is Bran...until now, his journey has seemed pointless to me.

And what happens to Tyrion...

The grudging affection between Arya and the hound was the high point of episode 5. Of course Sandor showed how much he felt for her by grabbing her roughly and shouting but anything else would not have been authentic.

I found the battle for Winterfell a mess. Wow the dead are swarming the good guys in almost total darkness. Again. For the 30th time. The only good point was Arya taking out the night king.

Oh dear, do I have an Arya crush?

The direction GOT has always gone has been against the grain.  Whatever we expect never happens.  We went through seasons of Dany claiming the throne was hers.  We built excitement to that.  Then came Jon and his secret and the show has been building toward that.  He says he doesn't want it.  Dany showed her ass in the last episode destroying Kings Landing.  I doubt it will be either of them.

Sansa?  Nee... queen of the north.
Arya?  Nee... she wants to fight.  She's not queen material.
Tyrion?  Would be interesting.  Intelligent but not really kingly.  He wants to fuck and drink.  I understand that..
Brienne?  Possible.  (El Jeffo, I too found that emotional scene beneath her and not in character)

I concede.  The way the last seasons have been depicted have been a wee let down.  Might just be Jon or the people will forgive Dany and let her reign.  Or they'll bring Robert Baratheon back from the dead like they did Jon and seat him on his throne.  How the fook knows!

I just hope somehow Cersei dies off... I don't like Lena Headey.  Never have.  Never will.

On 13.4.2019, 17:49:39, LeCheese said:

03:00 Monday morning.

Pizza       

Popcorn 

Choccy   

Chianti    

Add, going to bed at 20:00, alarm set for 02:40

All set, bring it on :D

Well well.

A tad unsatisfying, but not too shabby 

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. 

I wasn't expecting a few of those things but as expected it was a bittersweet ending.

It's just very sad that it's all over. 

NOW! Bring on the books!

On 15.5.2019, 13:09:48, LeCheese said:

Who will end up on the throne? My bet is Bran

Called that one. Did not expect the how though.

On 15.5.2019, 13:09:48, LeCheese said:

I have a sneaking feeling we have not heard the last of Bronn though.

Sansa to rule in the North with Brienne as her hand.

Partially called that one.

Nice scene with Ghost though ;)

SPOILER ALERT !

D7AEARIVsAA5Azr.jpg.86f58f48df618d94ee68