Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tax rebate on rental apartment/home?

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking at renting a apartment in Germany. I had been living in a company rented apartment for quite sometime now and now have to move out. In my experience with Finland, I had a deduction directly from my salary for the rental apartment. I used to pay 650 wherein 350 was the amount i paid from my salary, and the remaining 300 was deducted from the tax money I paid to the government. So the actual amount I consider paid from my pocket was 350 per month.

I want to know if there is something similar here in Germany? I am looking at renting a apartment for 800 per month and I wanted to know how much would I actually pay (in case there a similar provision as in Finland).

I inquired with the person in Finanzamt and also with the company HR, but because of my poor German, I hardly understand even what they are trying to say.

So any help or guidance would be very very helpful. If there is no such provision, then I may just look for a bit cheaper apartments.

Thanks in advance.

I want to know if there is something similar here in Germany?

No.

Well, there is Wohngeld, but that is a welfare-like top-up paid to people who have a low income and who live in cities with high rents.

I inquired with the person in Finanzamt and also with the company HR, but because of my poor German, I hardly understand even what they are trying to say.

They were asking you how they could move to Finland :D

You need to look for cheaper apartments. The price given is the price you, as the tenant pay - in full.

EDIT: Snap, PandaMunich!