2013 Munich Chili Cookoff

45 posts in this topic

Hello Ya'll,

well it's that time of year when a Man gets to thinking about Chili.

Something to keep out the COLD AND MISERABLE.

Yes it's official I have had enough of snow, rain and need to think about SUN, HEAT, SPICE.

So with that in mind, I would like to recommend that you all put the following date in your Calendars

Saturday 3rd of August @ The Zar Bar, 240 Rosenheimerstrasse.

Doors open to accept Entrants Chili's and Cookies at 14:00hrs.

Judging starts at 15:00hrs sharp. Once the judging finishes, everyone gets to taste. (Yes no secret, that's most people's favorite bit)

Music will be provided by my Favorite Country, Bluegrass, homespun, you name it they can play it, Jason and Dave (hopefully with Joschy and Alto) a.k.a. UndercoverFolk (Undercover Folk)

Check them out for more of the same throughout the Summer.

So get thinking, get cooking, try out your favorite recipe on Family and Friends, then on the day, bring those steaming spice laden "Pots of Red" to be judged.

Also to you sweet toothed people, make up a batch of cookies and bring them along, we judge them as well and they go down a treat after so much heat.

This year I am looking for an Adult Judge specifically for the Cookie Contest. So if you think you know Cookies, let me know.

I look forward to seeing familiar and new faces this year.

Enjoy and see you soon

Hello Everyone,

well I hope you are all slowly getting your ideas ready for the Chili Cookoff.

Jason Serious played awesomely last Friday at the Feierwerk so I am really looking forward to seeing them at this years event.

For anyone who might be interested, I have a number of T-Shirts printed off already for this years event.

If anyone wants one, then they are free in exchange for you spreading the word if people ask you what it is all about.

Just drop me a line if you are interested.

Cheers

Richard

So with one month to go before the Cookoff, lets start advertising the fact :-)

It's Chili Time, heck the 4th of July is nearly here. That should make all the Americans out there Patriotic and as such you should want to show the world just how well you can cook

But the Cookoff is a great place to come and have fun, to meet and greet other ChiliHeads, Cookie Monsters or just like minded people.

Anyone who would like to help me this year getting stuff set up, organising the Chili' etc please get in touch.

Also if you need inspiration please get in contact, I have loads of ideas :-)

See Y'all

Really looking forward to the event this year. Am currently going through several different ides right now. May even give in and use Quorn for a separate Veg chili - :blink:

Everyone should have a go, the event is great fun and most definitely my favourite of the TT calendar.

Anyone know where I can get trophy parts??

Anyone know where I can get trophy parts??

Sent you a text on August 13th last year when you asked last ;-)

Expresspoint in the underground at Karlsplatz.

Funnily enough I had this place in mind and will be checking it out tomorrow. Today I dropped in to a trophy/Pokale shop just close to Orleanplatz, they only sold complete trophies and not the separate components.

I have to say, it'd be much more appealing to me if the chili cookoff took place in the cold, dark winter!

I'm considering my ultra hot bhut jolokia fireball mouth burner chili.

Today I dropped in to a trophy/Pokale shop just close to Orleanplatz, they only sold complete trophies and not the separate components.

A true Oldham fan, making his own trophy. Now that is blue collar style.

There's what looks to be a good trophy shop almost opposite the S-Bahn station in Erding. OK, so I know it's not Munich but would you like me to enquire for you?

Feel free to PM me the details of what you need and I can at least ask for you.

q Malt-teaser.I know that one its well expensive.There is a shop round near the Music World.Its well know for fire arms mostly air guns but down stairs they have trophies and do omplete sets starting off small going up gradually to the big on.I found them comparitivly cheap.

Wow, it's certainly coming up fast and with the weather we have at the moment, I will be accepting Frozen Chili Entries as well. That's a great idea for lollipops.

Anyone brave enough to make an "Essence of Chili" lolly :-)

If I'm in Munich that weekend, I'll definitely be coming; just don't know if I'll be as an entrant or not.

Likely bringing a buddy of mine.

If we enter, we're gonna be bringing some Florida-style chili with a twist.

Questions:

1) Is it pay-at-the-door to enter, or do we sign up somewhere?

2) Is there a minimum batch size? My kitchen is rather small

3) Are there any "banned" ingredients that we should know about?

4) what facilities are there for reheating? Hotplates? Do we bring our own?

I've got a bit of a secret weapon ingredient, just don't know if it's possible to obtain it here in Germany.

Cheers,

Kite

1. Pay at the door.
  2. There will be at least three judges and they each need a portion, then after the judging all comers are welcome to sample the chilis.
  3. No banned ingredients.
  4. Hotplates are available.

For secret ingredients, please see the Where to buy page.

All information subject to correction by Loonyspook.