Moving to Hannover

20 posts in this topic

we are Family with two kids moving to hannover soon,which area is good to live in hannover where good schools(grundschule),doctor Clincs and Shopping places are located .

Thank you

We are moving there as well; in August. Apparently we'll be the first Toytowners to ever move to. or live in, Hannover! :)

We've visited a few times, but do not really have a good feel for the neighborhoods yet; except Südstadt; that seems nice. Our situation is a bit different; just the 2 of us, no kids, and we tend to live near the city center, in whichever city we live in.

We did find a very helpful Makler who could probably answer your questions, (in German). Michael Laurisch at ML Immobilien (0511 6420 26810). He was very nice on the phone, and seemed to have a much more helpful attitude than others we've spoken to. Probably will meet with him this weekend, so I will report back on Monday! ...that is if you are still looking for information.

Thank you for your reply ,still i need Information,if you Share your views that's really Helpful.

You might want to become a member of the 'Hannover4Englishspeakers' Facebook group. They provide plenty of info on most your questions in their files.

We are moving there as well; in August. Apparently we'll be the first Toytowners to ever move to. or live in, Hannover!

There are a few who came before you. :DClick Hannover on the member location map.

P.S. I actually live outside of Hannover and wouldn't be any help in giving advice on where to live in the city itself.

Seriously, join the Facebook group. That's where the action is.

There are a few who came before you. Click Hannover on the member location map.P.S. I actually live outside of Hannover and wouldn't be any help in giving advice on where to live in the city itself.Seriously, join the Facebook group. That's where the action is.

Thanks! Joined the FB group today;lots of good info there.

Back from our Hannover trip. We saw 5 different places: 2 in List, 2 in Oststadt and one in Linden-Süd. We really liked Oststadt. I went in with low expectations because it is close to the main bahnhof (usually not good) but it a great neighborhood, with plenty of shopping along the Lister Meile and close to bus and Ubahn. If you have a car, looks like parking may be a challenge; although I saw some places with driveways and garages, the majority was street parking.

List & List-Vahrenwald were also nice; saw more houses out that direction. Although there was still good Ubahn/bus service, the shopping was much more spread out, so a car would probably make life easier.

I wasn’t too impressed with Linden-Süd or the Calenberger-Neustadt area. Linden-Nord seemed nice, lots of shopping along Limmerstrasse and some nice looking buildings back towards the canal.

The Makler I referenced in my last post is a great guy. He only speaks German, but very helpful and actually takes the time to understand your needs and only shows you places that fit your scope. So if you want to use an agent, I would definitely recommend him.

Definitely join the Facebook group recommended by “Hannoverian” & “westvan” in their posts; seems to be a great source of information.

Also, it depends on the market when you arrive. When we came there was VERY LITTLE housing available in the price range we were looking at. Good luck!

Not considering the quality of accommodations, as couple with no children and no car we've been very happy with the location of Calenberger-Neustadt. It is the best location for those working at Leibniz University because one is exactly between the main university buildings and downtown.

Hallo Everyone!

Me and my German husband just moved here in Hannover end of Dec 2013 from Jakarta, Indonesia. At the moment its only just the 2 of us. We are still looking for Wohnung at the moment and hopefully we can get our new place soon. I have some questions, perhaps any of you could help:

1. Do you have recommended Makler we can contact to?

2. Do you have recommended restaurants? we are actually a big fan of spicy foods.. perhaps Asia resto? Sushi? or other resto? as long as good

taste and not too pricey..

3. Is there any English Cinema here? Tried to google but couldnt find any, been to Kino am Raschplatz and the movies all in Deutsch.

Hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks! :)

You may also want to take a look at places to live near the Tiergarten area. At first, it seems far from the city center, but it´s really well-connected, and there´s a lot of nature.

Hi all,

I am currently a student in Nottingham England and am due to move to Hannover to start my first job in August. I am trying to find a WG/ Flatshare in the city so that I can meet new people and improve my language skills outside of work. Does anybody have any recommendations on the best areas within the city to live for a young professional?

See the above post with link and copied below, I'll add on my thoughts, yes most helpful thans Westvan:-))

ChuckN, on 5.Jun.2013, 8:59pm, said:

Apparently we'll be the first Toytowners to ever move to. or live in, Hannover!

Well, except for one of the consistently most helpful people on TT...

ChuckN, on 5.Jun.2013, 8:59pm, said:

Apparently we'll be the first Toytowners to ever move to. or live in, Hannover!

Well, except for one of the consistently most helpful people on TT...

Plus the about 900 members of Hannover4Englishspeakers who live or have lived in or around Hannover... B)

I am new to TT and I think I am not able to start a new thread so I am adding to this existing thread. We are planning to move to Hannover and would like to rent a fully furnished apartment. Are there any good agents hat we can contact? What about the agent fees? some one told me that there is some new rule coming which will make the land lords pay the fee?