Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What to do on weekday mornings in Munich

9 posts in this topic

Hi TT'ers

I have to go to Munich for an interview an I have tomorrow morning completely free.

Is there anything interesting to spend the time until midday? I had planed to go to the Munich Stadtbibliothek but they're closed on Wednesdays :-(

I will have the interview at a company close to Ostbanhof.

Any tips as to what to do and where to eat is greatly appreciatted.

Many Thanks :D

I highly recommend the Deutches Museum, but half a day may not be enough for this very extensive museum.

Otherwise, when sunny, maybe a leisurely wander around the town centre and old town behind Marienplatz, a typically touristy walk around Viktualienmarkt and a brunch at one of the nearby restaurants, but preferably without the beer if you're having an interview afterwards.

Good luck,

Malty

Thanks a lot for your reply! unfortunately the weather forecast doesn't seem that good for a walk through the city .

Nevertheless I will consider the Museum.

Hi all, many thanks for your replies.

Yikes, seems that I am using a different weather forecast site as you guys. Up to wetter.de

Again many thanks and any other idea is very much welcome.!!

I knew I could count of my fellow TT'ers this time :lol:

Half a day at the Deutsches Museum may not be enough time-- but neither is a whole day, and you'll probably be saturated far before that anyway. So popping in there-- very quick/easy access from there to Ostbanhof area for you interview-- is still worth considering. Pick one or two sections, take your time, and then come back another time.

A bonus is that if you get there and the weather is as nice as it is expected to be, you may consider going for a walk up the Isar. Stay on the East bank, and follow the pedestrian/bike paths South. The first bit from the Museum isn't that interesting, but a few hundred meters down, where the path splits and you can walk along the river... it's gorgeous on a sunny morning. And you'll get very few of the tourists of Marienplatz/Englischer Garten. Depending on the time and your fitness level, you could walk as far as the Flaucher area wooden footbridge. Cross the bridge, walk up through the small wooded area, and then cross again wherever you fancy. One of my favorite, shortish walks in the area. Combine it with a snack/meal on either side of the river at one of the many cafes, most with some kind of outdoor seating, and you're all set. Plenty of time to go over potential interview prep while enjoying what I think is the best part of Munich. Relax, go into your interview feeling good.

Or walk North, cross the river for the English Garten. Get blotto at the Chinese Tower for breakfast, eat some Weisswurst, and go into your interview like a proper Münchner.

walk up the tower of alter peter, have a horse sausage at viktualien markt, find the pendulum in deutsches museum and make a short walk through the mine (also deutsches museum)

Awesome, I am following @justruss recommendations and walking along the Isar!

Many Thanks to all

Cheers

Wish me luck and I may become one more of the ex-pats TT ers in München!!