Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Butterfinger candy bars

36 posts in this topic

So my girlfriend made a bet with me that i couldn't find a butterfinger candy bar in Munich. I have until Saturday afternoon to do so. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

adam

And if you ain't got/can't find any, then your SOL cause they don't exist outside Military stores in Germany.

Kinda like Taco Bell.

good luck! dont think you'll find one unless you're tight w/ the military.

I think they are actually "forbidden" here due to the use of genetically modified ingredients.

huh? what's geneticallymodified? doesnt it have to be an organic substance to be genetically modified? last i checked it was all mainly chemicals :)

(mars bar, snickers, etc all would be 'modified' too then...

No - I think there is one ingredient in butterfinger that is modified. Apparently there is a little sign on american products that indicates if gen. mod. ingredients are used - none of my friends in the states seem too concerned about it though.

I met a german girl here and she asked if I could get a hold of some butterfingers for her father. He grew up in the 50s and use to get them all the time from military personel when he was a kid. I told her well maybe but I have never tried...does that make me a jerk beacause I forgot?

no. well, do you hang out w/ her all the time? then perhaps (but still no). if you rarely see her or talk to her then defo not and dont worry about it!

are you going to share your info my dear Carm? :) (well i think i know where you're thinking... so i guess it'd be better to say- want to help a few of us out?!)

adampayne03

I have seen them in shops, just trying to remember where! I think I saw them in "Hertie" at Hauptbahnhof in the American section (close to where they sell wine). I'm sure I have seen them in a couple of large supermarkets in the Fürstenfeldbruck area as well.

Generally checkout the international section in most of the large supermarkets and you should come across them.

Ps. I've never tried them myself, I just remember seeing them.

Yes carm I know places in Portland that sell it cheaper but it does not help out poor Adam(?).

I think I can find'em tomorrow, not positive, though...and I may be drinking cause this cold is hell (my cold, not the cold)

hmmm well i know the minimal by me sucks, but now it definately does b/c it has nothing! and i know to not even LOOK for butterfinger there! hmm.. i'l lhave to find some other store to check out i guess for this fine delicacy

I have never seen BF's at Hertie at Hbf. Recees PB Cups yes, but not BF's.. And if they truly are banned in DE then you won't find'em in any German store..

The only way your going to get some is from the US Military stores on base, as they don't have to follow DE/EU bans if they don't want to.