Which TT moderators answer emails?

93 posts in this topic

There are actions taken here -- such as message posts being removed without notification/explanation -- that deserve a little more common courtesy from the powers that be. Especially when those actions are followed up by inquiries that then go unanswered.

To cut to the chase: Which Moderators actually respond to emails (private messages) here?

Thanks.

We answer any emails that come to us, if we are available to answer them. We aren't on call 24 hours a day.

If you think one of your posts has been removed, have you looked for it? It may have been merged into another thread. I believe this has been done with your last post, when I checked. So, not removed, just moved.

Maybe it was just moved to a more appropriate topic. Have you looked for it here: http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_posts&mid=46406

If it's not there, you can look here: http://www.toytowngermany.com/xtra/scripts/junkratio.html to see which of your posts might have been removed and why.

Both of your recent topic starts have been merged with an existing thread on the same subject, SteveRay. Unfortunately, this forum software does not have an option for sending automatic notification after thread merges, so we usually send PMs to new members whose threads we merge.

You've been a member for over 4 years, however, so it is assumed that you know how to find your posts (click your user name and then "Find Posts" in your profile").

Hope that helps.

I mean no disrespect to the many excellent and generous moderators on TT - but to be fair, sometimes PMs to moderators aren't answered, and it is fairly frustrating when questions of clarification don't get a reply.

StephS, it may depend on the nature of the PM, and if there has been a prior exchange. If I have had a lengthy correspondence via PM and receive a "Have a nice life" or similar, and generally ruder, message in the end, I do not respond.

If the PM is actually a Report that reaches all moderators you may or may not receive a response depending on the content of the Report.

I recommend following up with the moderator in question, possibly the PM was overlooked - it can happen to anyone.

The key is the subject line I always write "Naked photos inside(not me)" or "Lite Starch hold the heavy" depending who the the mods is. Usually they are read (you can see on the left) and thats the more important thing.

Good luck dude or dude?

Sarabyrd, thanks for your reply. I totally understand that those are good reasons that a PM wouldn't be answered. In the case in question I tend to think none of these applied (it wasn't a Report; I don't write PMs of the "have a nice life" variety; my follow-up PM also wasn't answered; etc.). In the grand scheme of things I'd say this is an exception (I've generally found the mods to be very responsive), but it's still is a bit frustrating not to be able to open up a discussion.

On the other hand, maybe I'll try the naked photo trick next time ;)

(p.s. just to avoid any possible misunderstanding, sarabyrd is not the moderator in question).

To cut to the chase: Which Moderators actually respond to emails (private messages) here?

My experience of the Moderators is such that every single one of them will send a reply, should one be necessary, but they will not necessarily discuss twaddle!

Oh Lordy, as a native NYer I hate when NYers do the "tough guy get in your face" thing. It's a CHAT forum for God's sake. No posts are all that important.

SteveRay

In your case I suggest you don't open Topics unless you have at least an hour or two on hand during which you can read replies and respond to them.

As Moondancer and El Jeffo explained and LeonG suggested your last two "message posts" were not removed, but merged to the already existing Topic* which covered your questions. However neither of those Topics were merged before there had already been several answers addressed to your questions.

Getting several answers within an hour or two is what usually happens in TT when someone starts a Topic between 5 - 8am CET as you tend to do. Perhaps, in New York City, you are going to bed at that time and are unaware of this pattern.

*You could also avoid the trouble (you appear to have) of losing track of your posts (and save the volunteer mods time spent keeping the forum organised) if you got in the habit of putting a couple key words in the site search box, finding the most closely trelated Topic and adding your questions to it. As each new post brings the Topic on which it is posted back to the top of the New Posts and Todays Active Content lists you will find that your posts will get (often more) rapid attention on established threads.

2B

(p.s. just to avoid any possible misunderstanding, sarabyrd is not the moderator in question).

Once again, my quest to obtain StephS's nekkid photos is thwarted.

- you mean he's not replied to your PM?! :D

Maybe its because all the usual suspects from TT have come out the wood work to add their opinion, whether its relevant or not for their own entertainment.

Or perhaps StephS was actually out attending a TT event in person.

But it is interesting that it is left up to one moderator that is left standing to fight the battle on their own