Mirascon car insurance review

9 posts in this topic

i am about to buy a bmw and since this is my first car in germany and don't have a chance currently to bring my no claim insurance from my home country, the offers are so high,

the cheepest one i got is so far from Mirascon, i wounder if they are good.? Can you recommend them to me? did someone had an accident with them and see how they handle it.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

Hi Ahmed Ali,

did you get your car insurance from Mirascon? If yes, can you give me more details about it?

I am buying a BMW and looking for insurance... and as you said Mirascon is the cheapest that I found (also they speak english).

I am about to take the insurance, but it would be very helpful if you can give some feedback from your experience.

Thanks,

Irfan

Ahmed Ali hasn't logged into the forum since April 14, 5 days after he posted above. This was his first and last post here, so I doubt he will respond.

Mirascon are not an insurance company, but an insurance agent targeting expatriate and military personnel. The insurance they offer will be as good as the company providing it, which may be different companies for different people or risks.

Hi YorkshireLad6,

Thanks for the information.

I am just worried since they are offering insurance at very low rate, which is very good for me. But am not sure how they are offering at such a low rate when others are charging 500 euros more.

All I am worried is, after taking insurance from them, if the time comes will I be getting the complete money or atleast what they say.

Btw, they are offering me insurance from Volkswohl bund Versicherungen.

Any suggestions that may help me decide are very much appreciated.

Thanks

Irfan

Why don't you simply ask them? They do seem to be bona-fide professional agents. Maybe their cover is more restricted than others?

Hi Irbash,

I have had insurance with Mirascon previously. The underwriters of my policy were Volkswohl bund.

I never had to claim for the actual insurance but did have to use their breakdown cover a couple of times.

For this I was pleasantly surprised as a number of things were organised that I did not expect for such a low premium. Basically, after they towed me in the middle of the night they provided a rental car for a week until my vehicle was fixed. No hassle whatsoever.

Warning! I was a faithful, on time, paying customer for 4 years and referred many people to their agency. Their claims department has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They take weeks upon weeks to respond to my inquiries and when they finally do, they give more excuses and little to no information. I had to hire an attorney to fight for the money they owe me. I DO NOT recommend this company at all. Do not let their low prices fool you. What’s the point if they refuse to pay out claims? I don’t want you to go through what I have!!!!!!!!

Thank you Katie.  I'm planning to buy insurance for my first German car today - you might have saved me a lot of grief!

I think Katie is being extremely unfair here....

For the past 4 years she has not had any complaints about paying far too little for her insurance.... 

But now she has experience an issue with a budget insurance broker... she bad mouths them..

Why did she chose Mirascon in the first place?  Price?  Language? or the fantastic service she got whilst taking out her policy?

I am sure the agency gets only a small comission from the policies they resell, so need to focus their time and efforts on bringing in new clients and so forth...