Geocaching in Hamburg

16 posts in this topic

Hamburg, is the second largest city in Germany, the fifteenth largest German state, and the sixth largest city in the European Union. The city is home to over 1.8m souls. So there's bound to be many undiscovered geocaches out there.

Anyone interested in joining me for a little treasure hunt?

Its a great way of discovering and learning about our city.

Learn about geocaching here.

Sorry not in Hamburg, but geocaching is great - anyone in the Rhein-Neckar Kreis want to give it a go?

If goodbye.blackberry.way ever reappears, or someone else wants to to some geocaching in Hamburg, I would may be interested.

/me waves B)

But I'm very much preggo at the moment, so I guess I won't get the GPS device outta drawer in the next 2 months, but then ... I'd like to find some treasures again. Miss outdoor activity a lot ... and baby wraps make it possible.

WHOA. So I just watched that "geocaching in two minutes" video and it looks...incredible. Totally want to do it. This weekend I can't - next weekend, anybody?

Seems there is enough interest to post publicly instead of PM's :)

I also can't make it this weekend, next weekend (the weekend of the 7-8.8) is good for me also. I am new to the whole geocashing thing, but am an old hand at navigation and orienteering. I can probably organize a GPS device at work. I looked a bit at the Hamburg geocashes, though it was a bit tough with my poor German. This one seems interesting, it would make for a nice outing at an nice place as a bonus. There is an English version if you click on the flag at the bottom of the German description. I am of course up for any other options as well, especially if someone can make their way through all of the German!!

Is Saturday or Sunday better for people? The garden is open 10-17:45 on either day.

Bubli - this one might be good for you also as it is in the city?

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1CEAE_planten-un-blomen-tropenhaus?guid=df7f910a-01c5-4c1e-8910-e1ad6c9cf820

With the weekend approaching, is anyone in? How does Saturday at 13:00, meeting at the entrance to the greenhouse sound?

Unfortunately, I am not around this weekend! Oma's birthday at the beach.

But if you do go geocaching, put an update here and we can try to put another one together.

Good luck and have fun treasure hunting!

I need to be somewhere in Luneburg at 16:00, meaning I need to be on the train at 14:54 from the Hamburg Hbf. Maybe earlier on Sunday so we are done on time?

According to the HVV site, I can get to the entrance on the 15 of every hour, so let's say 11:15? I need to leave early enough to get an S-Bahn from Dammtor at 14:41. I hope we will have enough time, if not we will have to continue a different weekend :)

If you are a bit late I will just wait. I will PM you my phone number.

Hay. I too do a bit of caching. I event done many caches lately but I have a lease been thinking of taking a trip in to Hamburg for a day of caching.