Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nuclear war against Iran

457 posts in this topic

Hollyweird

I actually hate that film. Load of bollocks. Just look at the pic... anybody who uses that stupid middle-fixed tripod arrangement for a telephone table just cannot be taken seriously. Besides, Keanu Reeves is a tosser.

I don´t think you are crazy, just another regular guy that swallows the bullshit fed to you by the mainstream media.

what, you mean as opposed to just making up any old thing and believing taht instead? Or is it just finding paranoid agenda-ridden web-portals with absolutely no committment to honest reporting and trusting that ahead of 'mainstream media'?

I hear the sound of white coats flapping ...

"The Professional military mind is by necessity an inferior and unimaginative mind; no man of high intellectual quality would willingly imprison his gifts in such a calling." - H.G. Wells

Didn't he write War of the Worlds, about some Martians that invade the Earth? What a superior and imaginative mind. :blink:

post-430-1144858448.gif

"I struggle with your lack of any logic and utter flippance canaryman. I really do."

("flippancy". I would hardly call your "foil hat" and "gut feeling" theories logical)

"What would we lose?

A nuclear strike on Iran would have three immediate effects:"

(This is you posting your "feeling" as fact (hence the use of the word "would")

1. Some regional governments 'friendly' to the US would be overthrown by popular risings. Pakistan is a perfect candidate and already has nuclear weapons.

2. The 'First-Strike' option is now open to all that are capable of using it. Think Russia and China. Future sabre-rattling will be very dangerous.

3. A multitude of countries would proliferate. Nuclear weapons capabilities will be in South America, North Africa and Indo-China within 10 years.

All just gut feelings. But, calculated gut feelings.

I don't however believe that an Armageddon will arrive overnight. I do think it will create a billion potential terrorists, who, if you follow the eye for an eye logic, could get very nasty. Nutters like BadBob already think that these 1 billion potential terrorists already exist. I get the feeling it's like an achievement for him. Paranoid and rabid nationalism will prevail on all sides. Muslims in certain European states and the US would be interned, as would Europeans currently working in muslim states. Civil liberties will be curtailed. The Corporazioni win, and 'We The People' lose. It's all very scary.

1. What exactly do you base your "calculations" upon? I see nothing more than your opinion being based on your political leaning (hatred of Bush, Thatcher, Blair and any other authority figure.

2. We already have rabid nationalism (in so much that many muslims think Osama is a hero) and that any figures in that part of the world that keep the aforementioned mass of western hating muslims in check are nothing more than puppets of the west and should be overthrown in order to form a muslim state, intent on destroying anything outside their sphere of belief.

3. Russia and China also have severe problems with extreme muslims as do the west, no one has used their current nuclear arsenal as yet but certain countries seem to be more willing to than others. (France has stated that it would strike first if necessary (another country ruled by mob rule).

4. My logic, not necessarily posted on this forum, is gleened from my military background. Like it or not my experience and former job gives me greater insight into this sort of thing than your goodself but I do admire your persistency.

Do me a favour canaryman. Go back and edit all that so it is readable. You've made the whole thing sound like I said it all - your stuff included. It is one single quote. Don't be a complete Wally please. You're difficult enough without being daft as well.

Sorry. I am not much good with computers. I see that your tolerance with all people that disagree with you extends to personal traits too(sorry)

On a lighter note, the picture of your car that you posted was excellent. I am sure it will be a "beaut" when you have finished, though it looks good now too. (I would like a Lancia Monte-Carlo)

It is not about disagreeing. You make life too hard work to even discuss things with you. Are you seriously telling me that you don't understand even the simplest WP skills? How did you get this far into a forum, or are you only in here by mistake?

Apart from your lack of 'computer skills', your debate is closed and ill thought out. You began with your first ever pop at me a few months ago with an attempt to label me they way you wish (and if I recall correctly, painted me both black and white with the very same brush in the very same stroke. That is the moment I stopped taking you seriously). I know that you are wrong. I insult your ability to debate effectively. Not your stance (although I believe it is both badly thought out and badly informed). You would probably have served a better life in 2 Para being shot at for Blighty.

2 Para, what an imagination you have. If you mean that I need to call anyone with a differing view from myself a "cunt", imply that I can and will physically harm them to bring my debating skills to your level then I think that I will stick with my meagre armoury and shamble through life as I have done so, for many a year.

I am saddened that you hold the actions of 2 para, throughout their history, with such disdain and make such a "flippant" comment about the men that have sacrificed much for the greater good. I am sure that they and their families would welcome your intellectually sound and well scripted prose.

By the way, you would be very interested in what I did do in the military but I am afraid that you will just have to use your fertile imagination to guess why I hold a more in depth knowledge of military matters (both UK and foreign) than you ;)

I can only guess that you were never at the sharp end canaryman. You should have a beer with sea-king some time. He'll put you straight.

2 Para are a fuckin' nightmare. They are bred as cannon fodder. When they're not fightin'... they're fightin'. They'd fight their own shadows if they were ordered to. That is what they are for. They are a tool. You should have seen the destruction of MG in 1995 alone to realise this. First they destroyed JHQ's facilities, then most of the bars of central Mönchengladbach. These guys should be either deployed or imprisoned. Having an IQ bars you from even being allowed to serve with them.

Not at the sharp end eh? Well, wrong again but that is for me to know. You are correct to a point about the Paras. Their standard job is to be dropped behind enemy lines, capture and hold key positions whilst waiting for the heavy brigades to come in to re-inforce and relieve. They are trained to be highly aggressive but, unfortunately, it is very difficult for them to turn off the aggression. They were also banned from the bar at BZN and the local town due to clashes with the locals.

What would you call the sharp end?

Don't be silly. I said that I would not tell you what I did for a living in the military so trying to ask me in a "round-about-way" will not obtain you an answer. Lets just say, it was extremely sharp at certain times and very, very interesting.

Fuck! You were a regimental mascot, weren't you?

Get any medals for that?

Irans statements critical of Israel are totally justifiable given the existance of such a hostile neighbour armed with nuclear weapons, and pale in comparison against the anti-islamic world rhetoric spewed forth by the americans in recent years.

your such an overt racist that it really blows my mind. You postings throughtout the months on various topics on Israel and your obvious hatred for Jews on any level is so disturbing to me.

I am an American who does not support most Israeli policies, but do not have the hatred that you clearly do (in many ways how I feel about Repubs).

Yet I have seen more SUPPORT for the middle East by most rational peoples in the WEST than I have ever noted the other way around in the Middle East.

For anyone to agree that the Statements given by this lunatic in Iran are justifiable means to me that you are a fanatic.

And back to the topic BB...one of the reasons I believe that Iran has even decided to do this at this time is indeed thanks to Bush.

We are so militarly stretched right now, with an unpopular president (even you can't argue that), and a country that unhappy about this war.

Iran used this opportunity to flex it muscles. We are in no position to invade them (there would be zero support from the US voters) and nuking them would be a calamity on so many levels. They know this and so have used this against us. Iran would very much like to be seen as the voice of the Islamic world...and what a voice that is! A voice clearly only Kza could support.

No way you are going to have European countries supporting a nuclear option.

I wonder about the reporting on the whole thing to be honest. The other day when the Iranians were showing off their newly enriched uranium rods (now plutonium i suppose...) the background was of peace doves flying about and the message was that they now had fuel for their civilian nuclear programme...the headline?... Iran takes first step towards nuclear weapons...which, apart from being blatantly wrong (first step was taken ages ago!), also ignores the fact that despite defiance by continuing their activities, the Iranians still maintain it is for civilian use. This is in a roundabout way backed up by their opponents in Washington who say that Iran is "a decade" away from nuclear weapons even if they were to significantly increase enrichment and other activities...but maybe we should take them out just in case...oh and by the way, we still uphold the right of any country to use nuclear power for civilian purposes...bunch of arse...

small rant over...

I wonder about the reporting on the whole thing to be honest.

Agreed. Who knows where they actually are at this point as they have kicked out all inspectors.

This is making Iran look like the big guy on the playground...exactly what they want.

They are loving making the U.S. squirm right now. Haven't had such a good time since holding American hostages. Get all those good radicals fired up.

And back to the topic BB...one of the reasons I believe that Iran has even decided to do this at this time is indeed thanks to Bush.

I don't think so.

Iran has observed the effectiveness of another mad-man run country on the planet: North Korea. An othwerwise irrelevent country in the world that attracts attendtion to itself by threatening to/has develop[ed] nuclear weapons. Exactly what other countries don't want it to do: USA, Russia, China, Japan et el.

Furthermore, Iran likes to sell itself as the protector and representor of Islam. Part and parcel of doing this is to create an international commotion somewhere and draw needed attendtion to itself.

No idiot in the world would claim that they were developing a nuclear bomb, or nuclear know-how. Unless they don't have it - they are bluffing, drawing the Americans to the table - they want something. Israel and South Africa developed nuclear weapons in utmost secrecy. Iran has for the previous 18 years been attempting to develop a nuclear bomb, they got exposed for it. Now they claim it is for "civilan" use and they have the right to do so.

Egypt's Mubarak recently stated that civil war is starting in Iraq. Both Saudi Arabia are concerned that Iraq will lean towards Iran, not in their interest. Both Iran and Eqypts comments are based on an attept to draw attendtion to themselves and regional desires vis a vis the Americans: the only arbitrator in the region.