Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nuclear war against Iran

457 posts in this topic

@ BB When someone, somewhere, builds something, somebody else will copy it. specially if it pisses other people off. And also just to show they can do it. America may dominate the world but they can`t force other countries to do everything they want (specially when the country in question has loads of money and oil) and nuking Iran would only force up the price of oil, and we all know how that would affect America. Bad for votes, who cares about the ragheads eh? But gas at $10 a gallon no way! :(

No but I have heared the phrase " I am not the creator of life nor will I be the destroyer of it".

Also some book was quoted in say "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Granted these are my opinions and I reinterate my opinions.

Disclaimer: I am not a christian either.

?

I ain't talking about nuking Iran. I'm talking about the threat that Iran poses with nukes.

What about the threat that GWB with nukes posseses. That guy should be fucking locked up. I would rather trust a snake than that lying bastard, and all his conniving team. :angry: Any chance he`ll be arrested when his term is up. :blink:

Iran is developing nuclear weapons and you want to blame it on Bush?

Actually he might have to take some blame. After all, if Iraq had had a functioning nuclear capability the US would never have attacked. Iran has taken steps to prevent an attack by the US.

If the U.S did nuke Iran, what exactly, would we lose? (apart from some jolly decent carpet makers(have 2 myself and they ain't cheap))

I struggle with your lack of any logic and utter flippance canaryman. I really do.

What would we lose?

A nuclear strike on Iran would have three immediate effects:

1. Some regional governments 'friendly' to the US would be overthrown by popular risings. Pakistan is a perfect candidate and already has nuclear weapons.

2. The 'First-Strike' option is now open to all that are capable of using it. Think Russia and China. Future sabre-rattling will be very dangerous.

3. A multitude of countries would proliferate. Nuclear weapons capabilities will be in South America, North Africa and Indo-China within 10 years.

All just gut feelings. But, calculated gut feelings.

I don't however believe that an Armageddon will arrive overnight. I do think it will create a billion potential terrorists, who, if you follow the eye for an eye logic, could get very nasty. Nutters like BadBob already think that these 1 billion potential terrorists already exist. I get the feeling it's like an achievement for him. Paranoid and rabid nationalism will prevail on all sides. Muslims in certain European states and the US would be interned, as would Europeans currently working in muslim states. Civil liberties will be curtailed. The Corporazioni win, and 'We The People' lose. It's all very scary.

@BB I don`t care if they develop straight bananas with pink spots, threatening an other country is not the way to stop it :blink: . Diplomacy, a word seldom used in America since the advent of the wicked witch C.Rice (GWB loves this godawful woman for some reason) took over, come back Colin Powell all is forgiven. :blink:

All your diplomacy hasn't worked to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear capability. They refused a Russian-offer to enrich low-grade uranium for use in power plant and the EU-3 didn't have much better luck. The IAEA is a shell and Iran is now before the UN Security Council, which by the way, has urged Iran not to continue. All to no avail.

Actually he might have to take some blame. After all, if Iraq had had a functioning nuclear capability the US would never have attacked. Iran has taken steps to prevent an attack by the US.

Yes and no wheel. I actually do not blame Bush if Iran obtains nuclear weapons(at least not directly), but I do blame a bad western foreign policy in the past with Iran/Persia. I include in that equation Britain, France, and the U.S.(including Dems and Reps). We (the U.S.) as of now have given them a good reason to try to obtain nuclear weapons due to the fiasco in Iraq. I hope that there is some sort of human decency among the present Iranian admin to not obtain nuclear weapons.

Iran wants a Bomb it`s that simple, and then they deal with America on equal footing, no more threats, no more being pushed around by America, this will make them feel like equals. You and most of the rednecks don`t get it do you. When did America last threaten the U.K., France China, Russia, India, Pakistan, Israel? Get the picture, they don`t like being talked down to by people they feel to be stupid. :blink:

Oh how witty you are. The words just fail me, remind me to give you a good kick up the backside if you ever reveal youself, which I in fact doubt you will. B)

Pop down Königinstr. sea-king. ;)

for the bush and blair worshippers/apologists go f*ck yourself. The world has become a more dangerous place after these 2 idiots started their "war" on terror.

3 years after the iraq "liberation" the dumb fcuk war mongers still can't find the WMDs, in fact it is the US and the UK are the ones that have been using WMD in iraq with DU based weapons.

So for anyone who agrees with the iran/iraq invasion go sign up with the army and go over there to fight what you believed in and drop us a postcard or email otherwise STFU. But I suspect you won't go there because you have the same chicken hawk mentality just like bush and blair.

Is that where this tosser lives? The US whatsitsname?

Nah! What am I thinkin'. They'd never employ a moran.

Would they? :unsure:

@perdido

I can't see the Iranians not going for nuclear weapons. They have a hostile nuclear power on their doorstep and have been threatened by the US for the last 25 years. Nuclear weapons will instantly reduce their vulnerability. I don't think more nukes are what the world needs but they won't attack anyone because they would be immediately annihilated.

There is a risk of Israel launching a tactical nuclear strike against their processing facilities. It's a bit less likely with Sharon gone but still a possibility.

The people running US foreign policy are so monumentally stupid that they might risk an attack of some sort before leaving office. I really hope not. Whatever, I think their mismanagement has knocked at least a decade off the duration of US hegemony. Precisely the opposite of what they wanted.

Hey, I told you. The US and UK ain't goin' it alone. France will be there, I think (unbelievably) and the Ruskies too. China will stay home, but won't stop 'em. Why am I not surprised to find people here who support Iran?! You would rather see that nut-job president in Iran with nukes? The same guy the wants to wipe Israel off the map and denies the Holocaust. YOU go over there (PLEASE) and be human-shields.