Hi, am calling from Microsoft. Your PC is infected

147 posts in this topic

On 1.8.2019, 15:37:37, black1 said:

They recently got a kid of a friend of my wife to download all this crap of theirs onto the computer.

Could you tell us what happened then, Black? In the early days of this scam I was also nearly duped until I asked the woman what time it was in Microsoft land and she couldn't reply.

Recently had one trying to get me to install a cloud application.

Read His in a thick Indian accented German.

Read Me in Swabian

Me: "We don´t use cloud services."

Him: "Who is your cloud host?"

Him: What applications do you use in the cloud?

Him: "We are offering a great deal, if you want I can install the app"

Me: "What part of: ´We don´t use cloud services´ are you having problems with?"

Him: "Will you be going to the cloud?"

Me: "No!"

Me: And by the way your German is terrible, I can hardly understand you, if I were you I would get another job in a language you speak.

(I have a feeling this conversation is monitrored by his controller)

Not heard back from them since.

30 minutes ago, Acton said:

In the early days of this scam I was also nearly duped until I asked the woman what time it was in Microsoft land and she couldn't reply.

That's because it was not part of her script 🤗.

Got another call from Microsoft. Told him his girlfriend wanted me to say hi because she couldn't talk because her mouth is full and hey you know what..his mom is here too; she also says hi.

The guy tried to give me some BS about Sir you shouldn't talk..but then he lost it. I got 4 or 5 raving follow up calls. Priceless. Unplugged the phone, clocked all those 5 numbers and supplied them to my provider.

When people are lying, cheating and scamming some just can't stand it when you not only treat them like idiots but also really push it in their faces. It's rubbing a little bit off their souls. 

I await my next Microsoft caller. I believe I shall do the Little Britain Weightwatchers woman where she can't understand the very clearly spoken lady from India who is in the room.

Wow, this is a new one, at least for me. Got it twice in my inbox just minutes after trying unsuccessfully to book the ferry.

scam.png

A new type of emails is in circulation, where it says that you have been hacked and even a password that you use (or have used) is mentioned.

They got the password probably from a list of a breach. 

Usually the breached site has already contacted you and you have already change the password (f.ex Dropbox in 2012, MyHeritage in 2017 , a.o.)

However if you still use the password mentioned it will be good to change it anywhere you use it.

To find if your email was in a breach (and which), you can check here :  https://haveibeenpwned.com/