Hi, am calling from Microsoft. Your PC is infected

193 posts in this topic

Nothing recently claiming to be from  Microsoft but this morning I got the classic sub continent accent call albeit in German claiming to be from Kabel Deutschland (not Vodofone) tel no. 01729358745. Something about the change from copper to fibre cables but I cut it dead as at best it was cold calling, I don't have cable or anything from KD/Vodofone, and 0172 is a handy number. Looked very suspicious to me.

Anyone else had something similar?

4 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Nothing recently claiming to be from  Microsoft but this morning I got the classic sub continent accent call albeit in German claiming to be from Kabel Deutschland (not Vodofone) tel no. 01729358745. Something about the change from copper to fibre cables but I cut it dead as at best it was cold calling, I don't have cable or anything from KD/Vodofone, and 0172 is a handy number. Looked very suspicious to me.

Anyone else had something similar?

https://www.wemgehoert.de/nummer/491729358745

Blimey! Someone phoned me today. He first spoke in English and then Greek...basically, " do you speak English?" NOT  a subcontinent accent...

" Yes "

" I´m from Microsoft."

Me: " no, you´re not. You´re a criminal."

I hung up.

But I was disappointed with myself. I wanted to say: " good morning, this is the Ierapetra police station."

But I wasn´t sharp enough and l am also a bit under the weather...Depon and lemon juice and stuff.

Shame...

I had a weird call the other day twice and I put my thumb over the speaker and after a while hung up. I then got a call from my wife telling me off for being mean to the wife of the mice pest control guy that came to wipe out the mouse circus in the apartment house attic. It always pays to be careful before being careful. If they say they are Microsoft then it's game on. Unless it's Bill Gates calling.

Another one of those bastards just called me. I listened carefully for a minute and then said: „ you do know I‘m recording this conversation, right?“

He couldn‘t have hung up more quickly!

😜😀

Magnificent post, catjones! My favourite post of the day!! Thank you!

Give that boss fucker life imprisonment.

Anyone trying to scam someone eg a pensioner , out of their life savings, deserves to rot in Hell.

Ah, silly me!!! Have just realised that myself!!

:lol:

( Yet another of my senior moments!!)

Give the guy a medal. I hope there is no stupidity that the guy gets grief for himself doing something " illegal ". He is a hero. And those laughing bastards deserve grief. " Abgebrüht " fuckers.

Same as the ridiculous Nigerian Connection bastards.

I get so mad when I watch videos of these scammers on YouTube. I want to physically hurt them. But I found this guy kitboga who is an absolute hero. Some of his videos are so hilarious. I recommend this one https://youtu.be/fMbYoTaaK9s

Or this one
https://youtu.be/4xKDLDgX9cM