Hi, am calling from Microsoft. Your PC is infected

198 posts in this topic

Nothing recently claiming to be from  Microsoft but this morning I got the classic sub continent accent call albeit in German claiming to be from Kabel Deutschland (not Vodofone) tel no. 01729358745. Something about the change from copper to fibre cables but I cut it dead as at best it was cold calling, I don't have cable or anything from KD/Vodofone, and 0172 is a handy number. Looked very suspicious to me.

Anyone else had something similar?

4 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Nothing recently claiming to be from  Microsoft but this morning I got the classic sub continent accent call albeit in German claiming to be from Kabel Deutschland (not Vodofone) tel no. 01729358745. Something about the change from copper to fibre cables but I cut it dead as at best it was cold calling, I don't have cable or anything from KD/Vodofone, and 0172 is a handy number. Looked very suspicious to me.

Anyone else had something similar?

https://www.wemgehoert.de/nummer/491729358745

Blimey! Someone phoned me today. He first spoke in English and then Greek...basically, " do you speak English?" NOT  a subcontinent accent...

" Yes "

" I´m from Microsoft."

Me: " no, you´re not. You´re a criminal."

I hung up.

But I was disappointed with myself. I wanted to say: " good morning, this is the Ierapetra police station."

But I wasn´t sharp enough and l am also a bit under the weather...Depon and lemon juice and stuff.

Shame...

I had a weird call the other day twice and I put my thumb over the speaker and after a while hung up. I then got a call from my wife telling me off for being mean to the wife of the mice pest control guy that came to wipe out the mouse circus in the apartment house attic. It always pays to be careful before being careful. If they say they are Microsoft then it's game on. Unless it's Bill Gates calling.

Another one of those bastards just called me. I listened carefully for a minute and then said: „ you do know I‘m recording this conversation, right?“

He couldn‘t have hung up more quickly!

😜😀

Magnificent post, catjones! My favourite post of the day!! Thank you!

Give that boss fucker life imprisonment.

Anyone trying to scam someone eg a pensioner , out of their life savings, deserves to rot in Hell.

Ah, silly me!!! Have just realised that myself!!

:lol:

( Yet another of my senior moments!!)

Give the guy a medal. I hope there is no stupidity that the guy gets grief for himself doing something " illegal ". He is a hero. And those laughing bastards deserve grief. " Abgebrüht " fuckers.

Same as the ridiculous Nigerian Connection bastards.

I get so mad when I watch videos of these scammers on YouTube. I want to physically hurt them. But I found this guy kitboga who is an absolute hero. Some of his videos are so hilarious. I recommend this one https://youtu.be/fMbYoTaaK9s

Or this one
https://youtu.be/4xKDLDgX9cM

Same old thing again today, an obvious call centre, English with strong sub-continent accent, German telephone number with 02225 code, pathetic! After such long pause I had hoped they had given up and finally stopped, no such luck it seems. I am amazed that this old con is still worth the scammers effort.

Just a heads up for anyone here using xing.de.

I received a contact request from this gentleman a few weeks ago. Nothing unusual in that. I checked his contacts, all of whom seemed legit and so accepted his request. A day or two later I received this epistle (I've blanked my name out):

Dear XXXXXXXX I’m glad to receive your reply. Without wasting much of your time, I would like to introduce myself and the reason I sent you the message earlier. I am Mr. Huam Al Sayed Group Chief Executive Officer of Emirates NBD Dubai (United Arab Emirates). I have a business matter of great importance in my bank, proposal worth of $30,000,000.00 (Thirty Million United State Dollars) for you and it has to do with your name which is the reason I contacted you. I want you to feel free and read through my explanations because I will take my time to explain everything to you. you can check my bank web about me should you have any atom of doubt below; http://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/about-emirates-nbd/management-team/ I was looking for someone with your last name," XXXXXXXX ”. So when I saw you online, I was pushed to contact you and see how we can best help each other. One late Peter XXXXXXXX, from your country had a fixed deposit at my bank in 2005 for 108 calendar months, worth US $ 30,000,000.00 (Thirty Million US dollars) the due date for this surety bond is January 22, 2018. Unfortunately Peter was among the victims of the earthquake disaster of 27 May 2006 in Java, Indonesia, which killed over 5,000 people. He was in Indonesia on a business trip, that was how he met his death. My bank management is yet to know about his death yet, I knew it because he was my friend and I am his account officer. Peter did not mention any Next of Kin/heir when the account was opened, and he was not married and no children. If my bank managers happen to know that Peter is dead and have no heirs, they will take the money for their personal use. I do not want such to happen that is why I am seeking for your cooperation to present you as Next of Kin / Heir in the account since you have the same surname with late peter and my bank headquarter will release the fund to you as the heir. The transaction is 100% risk free and legal without infringement of the law. It is better that we claim the money than allow the bank directors to take it because they are already rich. I suggest that we share the fund equal, 50% to both parties, Let me know your opinion on this and please treat this information as TOP SECRET. Kindly reply my mail to state if you’re willing to assist me so I can give you more details of the transaction and how we can achieve this. Much Regards Huam Al Sayed Group Chief Executive Office, Emirate NBD

I have reported this to xing.de, who have since deactivated his account, as well as the fraud squad.

My aunt received a call like this recently. 

They said her PC was compromised. She asked what a PC was and the guy replied saying it was her computer. She then told the guy she didn't have a computer, so he hung up. 

Pathetic.

3 hours ago, sobyrne said:

Just a heads up for anyone here using xing.de.

I received a contact request from this gentleman a few weeks ago. Nothing unusual in that. I checked his contacts, all of whom seemed legit and so accepted his request.

I don't accept any requests from people on Xing unless there's a good reason or connection.

I got a call from a woman from Microsoft, who wanted me to turn my computer on. I told her that I don't have a computer.

-"Your laptop, then" she replied.

Only after I assured her that I didn't have a laptop either did she hang up.