Inexpensive gyms and fitness centers

77 posts in this topic

hi,

im looking to get back to training soon. but due to my injuries i have to wait. which is killing me...bit of a gym freak, whole fam is actually.

i was a member at McFit (berlin-wedding) and would like to rejoin, but i dont know where any are, being new here. i live in neuhausen.

but i would also like to train with someone too...

Hi

(needless to say, I've been through the 3 pages before naively asking:...)

... in Hungary, I used to go to a fitnessstudio that provided for a pay-per-training offer.

Useful whenever you're very busy at work or when you're combining gym with different sports.

Has anyone seen something similar here?

The offer at the pool at the Olympic park used to be perfect for this, but now they are changing the fitness area into a member's only offer. There is still a fitness room at Dantebad that you can use for the price of the pool entrance, though. Right now its expensive as they charge more in the winter since they heat the outdoor pool...but it gets more reasonable in spring/summer.

Edit -- I have never tried it myself, I only saw it on their website!

Hello everyone,

I will be in Munich for 3 months and I am looking for a cheap gym around Altheimer Eck. As I (sadly) speak no German, English-speaking staff would be a welcomed plus.

Thank you for your help!! :)

I go to the Fit Star on Dachauer Str. near Stigilmayerplatz U1 station.

It's 16 something euros a month, 24 hours a day.

It's got a everything you need in a gym, except decline benches. Of course, you can always just elevate a flat bench to get the decline, but whatever.

I'm also looking for a gym/work out partner to train with at this gym. If you're serious about training and would like a training partner at this gym, send me a PM, and we'll go from there.

Hi, all!

I'm leaving in Seefeld (southwest of Munich) and I was wondering if anyone knows of any gyms around this area, because I don't have a car. I've looked into taking a train into Munich to use any of the gyms there, but it'll cost me €10 for every trip. Training 3 times a week, do the math... :)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Does the Isarcard 9Uhr Gesamtnetz cover Seefeld? It´s just 65,30 Euro for 1 month.

Google for McFit and Fit-Star, they should have all their gyms listed on their webpage with an address. Then enter the address at google maps, so you can see if there is one along your S-Bahn line.

Fit-Star does cost 16,80 per Month and a one time payment of 28,90 Euro, if you sign up for 12 months. McFit should be similar.

Thanks for your reply, siskebap!

Yes, I know about the monthly card, but the gym would be the only reason why I go to Munich. Add the €17/month to the monthly railcard and that comes to over €80/month for the gym membership, effectively.

Something closer to Seefeld would make more sense...

Thanks, anyway! :)

hey, for those of you who go to fitstar or mcfit...how crowded is it on weekdays at like 6.30pm or 7? I reckon rather crowded..but can you still find some free benches or completely impossible?

thanks!

I go to fit-star dachauerstr or berg-am-laim sometimes after work. As fitstar is pretty big, you do not have wait. Dachauerstr has for example 14 treatmills

Went a couple of times to McFit. Still haven't decided 100% in joining up this club. There are some pros and cons, pros is that there is big parking space just next to it and as I'm going by car this is very good. Was thinking of Fit-star too but when I got there, noticed that the parking place is a construction site so headed once again to McFit. Cons would be that it get really really crouded in the afternoon, starting with 16:00. You can hardly find an empty bench and I guess this gets worse at around 18-19. But I guess at Fit-Star the situation si the same so unless you pay 50-100 euro a month this is something you have to deal with, crowd.

Any of you here who are going to McFit let me know, it's always better to have a spotter.

Cheers!

I go to McFit in Schwabing. It's never terribly crowded. The one by Donnersbergerbrücke is very large and also not terribly crowded in my experience.

I guess it depends on the days and luck too. I was talking about the one near Donnersbergerbrücke and after 16:00 it got so crowded that you had to wait in queue for a bench in the red zone. I'm gonna try an go earlier, maybee at noon.

I'll be in Munich (Schwabing near the Nordfriedhof U6 station). I'm looking for a gym with free weights, dumbells and maybe some aerobic machines. One I can pay daily. Thanks for the help.

Have you thought about the new studio in SendlingerTor - the Move4Fitness studio?

It's pretty nice and has everything in it, including a squat rack, bench, cable, kettlebells, TRX trainers, full set of DBs and loads more. It's mainly a PT studio, but they're allowing up to 30 members at 50euros per month, so a good price, and definitely no queuing as they're pretty hot on the numbers allowed to train at the same time...

Could be worth a try. They're quite new so maybe they still have a space left and I believe they have short term membership available as well...

here you go... http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241455

Great!! Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Have you thought about the new studio in SendlingerTor - the Move4Fitness studio?

It's pretty nice and has everything in it, including a squat rack, bench, cable, kettlebells, TRX trainers, full set of DBs and loads more. It's mainly a PT studio, but they're allowing up to 30 members at 50euros per month, so a good price, and definitely no queuing as they're pretty hot on the numbers allowed to train at the same time...

Could be worth a try. They're quite new so maybe they still have a space left and I believe they have short term membership available as well...

here you go... http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241455

If you are looking for cheap spinning, MRRC does now offer spinning every Friday from 8 to 9:30pm for 5 Euro. At the Fitnessfirst Club Feilischstrasse Schwabing. MRRC is a Verein, so the membership fee is low at 70 Euro per Year + one time payment of 10 Euro. Most activities are in german, but you do not need a rich vocabulary to follow http://www.mrrc.de

If you want to try out crosscountry cycling, Outsidefirst does a ride every thursday night and organizes races from time to time at sundays. They got crosscountry bikes for hire. Other outside sport activities on the other weekdays. Low fee of 15 Euro per month, also here most activities are in german http://outsidefirst.de

I have a subscription to FitStar running till end of March, for which I have already made the Kündigung. I have already joined another gym, so I am looking for somebody who wants to take over the subscription for half of January till end of March. The price is 17,80/month