Inexpensive gyms and fitness centers

77 posts in this topic

Yes, there is a gym inside the swimming hall. I think it is free if you have a swimming card or something like that from University. I trained there once. Not too bad, but it is underground, not much fresh air.

I was rather excited when I heard there was a training room at the Olympia Swimming pool. HOWEVER ... as it turns out the room is only open for a few hours per day. I'm a morning gym-person, and it only opens for 1 hour at 10:45am for "Senioren training" ;) ...

It's not really a viable option for anyone who is serious about training on a regular basis, including weekends.

Hi,

I am moving to Munich in February and wanted to ask for an advice about a basic cheap gyms. (free weights, benches.. etc.. no fancy machines or trainers)

How much would they cost? Found some online for about EU50 per month... CRAZYY! :)

Thanks,

Viktor

Topics merged by admin

I saw th McFit gym thread and some other suggestions. I guess I was looking for more of a local gym...something not so well known.

Location is not a problem as long as I like it. I need piece of mind ;)

Check out the Olympia Schwimmhalle, U-Bahn U3 Olympiazentrum.

This is basically a swimming pool, but once you get in, you could also use the gym.

A Ticket do cost 3.60 Euro. Opening hours are 7am to 11pm.

I think the gym does now have opening hours on weekends only from 5pm to 10pm.

I don´t know about the other days.

You can buy a stripe with 4 Tickets for 10 Euro "München Sport" at the

City Info Center Marienplatz. This is the shop at the Rathaus.

It´s pretty big and has lockers that can be used with a deposit of 1 euro and you got

a 50 m swimming pool if you want to swim.

I go to FitStar. Nice place in Berg am Laim and open 24 hours. Free parking in the garage for 3 hours. 1 block from 19 Tram line.

Monthly cost is about 17Euro, 1 year contract, about 30Euro startup fee.

No pool or sauna, but all weights and machines are new. Showers are .50cents.

They did a cool video/concept thing.

is there any good, cheapish gyms in munich?im stayin in the schwabing part right beside the english gardens..i need the gym to rebuild muscles in my knee after a torn ACL operation..anyone who has had this or heard of it knows that it is extremely painful..anywho i want to get it right so that il be able to play football soon..by that i mean gealic football..im irish..anyway if anyone could help me id graetly appreicate it thanks

Topics merged by admin

I'm looking to join a gym but I can't afford the bigger studios, does anybody have any suggestions as to where I can find a cheaper gym that has short term memberships? Somewhere with weight machines and cardio gear would be great but not fussed on a pool or anything like that. Any help greatly appreciated.

Topics merged by admin

I can offer you work on a building site(weights), riding a bike about whilst walking my dog (aerobic), you can wear shorts if you want to, and I'll make up a membership card too. I'll make it look all good and pukka, don't worry, I used to sell fake IDs at school when I was a lad.

I'll charge you 5€ a year only.

I go to the Olympia Schwimmhalle (Olympic Bath) from time to time. There is a gym in the basement. The use of the gym is included in the entry fee for the bath, which is 3,60 Euro.

You can reach it with public transport

Subway U3 - Olympiazentrum

Bus 173 - Olympiazentrum

Bus 154 - Ackermannbogen

Bus 50 - Olympiapark-Nord

Tramway 20/21 - Olympiapark West

they even do have a webpage in english

http://www.olympiapark-muenchen.de/index.p...mmhalle&L=1

Opening hours of the swimbath are 7.00 - 23.00.

The counter closes at 22.00.

The Gym has limited opening hours

Mo-Fr 17.00 - 22.00

Sa 14.00 - 19.00

So 14.00 - 18.00

The Gym is closed on public holidays, but the swimbath is open 365 days a year.

Here is a full list - in german - of the services the Olympic bath offers

http://www.swm.de/de/produkte/mbaeder/frei...-treff-osh.html

For example you can join the running group every wednesday from 18:30 to 19:30, it is guided by experienced runners and is for all classes

You need a 1 Euro coin for the locker - which you´ll get back after use. The lockers also accept other kind of coins, like the ones you can put into shopping carts.

Hairdryers do cost 10 cent for a couple of minutes. Unfortunately there are no free sockets, they also do cost 10 cent for a couple of minutes.

You may note the spinning cycles at the garden of the olympic bath, these belong to Physio-Fit, another gym inside the olympic bath. Physio-Fit is not included in the entrance fee, but you can join their spinning classes with a 10-Stripe ticket for 65 Euro.

I go there about twice a week in the evenings, send me a PM if you would like to train with me.

One note: you can also buy a stripe with 4 tickets for 10 Euro from the City-Info at Marienplatz.

Thats the Marken für den Freizeitsport München

http://www.sport.musin.de/sportamt/veranst...ngen/index.html

Klick on the pic to download the PDF-Programme in german, you can also get a printed version of it at the City-Info

They do offer a big variety of classes from gymnastics to Fitness-Kick (Thai-Boo).

Most of these courses are in the sport halls of schools in Munich and you just go there and pay with a ticket.

The opening hours of the City-Info are:

Mo - Fr 10.00 - 20.00 h

Sa 10.00 - 16.00 h

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a not very expensive gym. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Topics merged by admin

Alright, so as I'm getting settled in, I'm wondering if there are any decent cheap gyms around the city. Back home there are gyms with just your basic weight rooms and treadmills for 30 dollars a month, no fancy equipment or "latest technology". Anything along those lines to be found in Munich? All I really need is a weight room, to be honest:)

If not, anyone know of any sports shops where one might be able to buy a few sets of weights (a la SportCheck)?

Edit, well crap I could have sworn I was in the Sports section...could a moderator possibly move this? Sorry :S

Topics merged by admin