Bitcoin - a decentralised digital currency

2,141 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, oscar 63 said:

What cryptocurrency shall I buy today?

Buy the dip, as always.

18 hours ago, MadManEarle said:

Buy the dip, as always.

Yeah, but plain, creamy garlic, or sour cream and onion?

1 hour ago, silty1 said:

Yeah, but plain, creamy garlic, or sour cream and onion?

As you like, as long as you don't double dip it!

Trying to explain Mike how criptos work is a waste of time.

Peter Schiff has shown to be a very poor source of investment information.

Take what he says with a grain of salt.

13 hours ago, MadManEarle said:

Peter Schiff has shown to be a very poor source of investment information.

Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Yes , they all laughed at him... until they didn't...  

The "broken clock" will be right again. btw, he's never said put all your money in gold etc, only 5-10% as a hedge.

Schiff's own son mocks him publicly on his gold stance.

If the best support of him is "even a broken clock is right twice a day", then I see no reason to look at him as an authority.

Seems Tesla already dumped all bitcoin!

https://i.redd.it/twe8ehcdajz61.jpg

My guess is that if this is confirmed, Bitcoin won't last till the end of the year. I was giving it up to 2 years to fall, but it might come faster.

Im starting to think this whole thing was either a way for him to ridicule cryptos or it's a step towards creating a "Tesla crypto".

10 hours ago, MadManEarle said:

Schiff's own son mocks him publicly on his gold stance.

If the best support of him is "even a broken clock is right twice a day", then I see no reason to look at him as an authority.

His son is 18 years old. You are going to take financial advice from an 18 year old?

It is more the lack of respect that his son has for him, rather than the financial advice that I find telling. But as long as the info is solid, I really don't care if it came from a 2-year-old. Does age guarantee quality?

3 hours ago, MadManEarle said:

It is more the lack of respect that his son has for him, rather than the financial advice that I find telling. But as long as the info is solid, I really don't care if it came from a 2-year-old. Does age guarantee quality?

I don't know the details of the story. But your arguments doesnt make any sense. A lot of 18 year olds don't have respect for his Ol' Man. Many 18 year Old think Papa is ancient and doesnt know or understand anything of the new, shiny world. How much do you know about the kind of financial knowledge his son has? Mocking a known expert infront of the whole world, specially when he is the own father  doesn't give me good confidence on him either.

And "came from a 2 year Old", really ? You are talking about Finance advices here, right?
This thread is of Financial type, we are not discussing a person's character.

9 minutes ago, Goodbye_BlueSky said:

I don't know the details of the story. But your arguments doesnt make any sense. A lot of 18 year olds don't have respect for his Ol' Man. Many 18 year Old think Papa is ancient and doesnt know or understand anything of the new, shiny world. How much do you know about the kind of financial knowledge his son has? Mocking a known expert infront of the whole world, specially when he is the own father  doesn't give me good confidence on him either.

And "came from a 2 year Old", really ? You are talking about Finance advices here, right?
This thread is of Financial type, we are not discussing a person's character.

You seem to have missed the part where I care if the info is solid, and not about the age of the messenger.

I was only refuting the competence of Peter Schiff, not claiming that his son is a prodigy. The Schiff family is simply not a good example of shining brilliance, but if we are going with the logic that being as correct as a broken clock is all it takes, then I will come down on the side of the son and not the father.

I prefer to take the advice of people like Michael Saylor, Knut Svanholm, and Max Kaiser, myself.

On 17.5.2021, 11:22:35, MadManEarle said:

The Schiff family is simply not a good example of shining brilliance,"

I prefer to take the advice of people like Michael Saylor, Knut Svanholm, and Max Kaiser, myself.

I don't follow Peter Schiff myself, and he do looks to be a Crash Prophet. Problem with many Crash Prophets is they have some good points, and based on those points they come up with RIGID future predictions.

I didnt know the people you mentioned, so I had a look at a vdo from Michael Saylor
Michael Saylor - What NOBODY Understands About Bitcoin (We're Still Early) Bitcoin Price Prediction - YouTube

Here I heard only superlatives for Bitcoin, like Bitcoin is the best, the one and only. It preserves energy from the space, it will save the world and be the saviour. Even Einstein would have loved Bitcoin etc etc. One superlative after another. And the people commenting on the vdo are falling from the chairs to praise his vdo, like they have opened their eyes like a  messiah and have saved them. But I didnt undestand at all why Bitcoin is the one and only. What did I miss ? Anyway, I will have some more looks at his vdos. May be one day I will decode the "Bitcoin code" and be able to look through all the darkness !

@Goodbye_BlueSky

There is for sure a lot of "energy" in those guys, especially Saylor and Kaiser.

The bottom line is that there are a couple of fundamentals that you need to cut through to:

1. Absolute scarcity. Inflation of BTC will slow over time until the limit of 21M coins is reached. Then deflation.

2. Self-sovereignty. No bank or government can censor your money. This may or may not be very important in the next few years, depending on your politics.

Bitcoin is the way to take control of your wealth, and not have it be dependent on an external authority. A lot of people see it as the last lifeboat off the Titanic that is Modern Monetary Theory, and I can understand that point of view.

Bitcoin dropping further, as China signaled it wants it under control.

I wonder if Tesla's recent decision was a push from the Chinese government? That would explain some things (although not all).

Anyway, this demonstrates the weakness of cryptos, governments will keep it under control.

48 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Bitcoin dropping further, as China signaled it wants it under control.

I wonder if Tesla's recent decision was a push from the Chinese government? That would explain some things (although not all).

Anyway, this demonstrates the weakness of cryptos, governments will keep it under control.

BTC is going down because the weak-fingers are scared and because the whales are FUD-ing like hell to drop the price and buy the dip.  In the last semester too many normies have been putting money into cryptos and this is their first big dip, it is normal they are scared and they are jumping out and getting burn and will end up giving their hard earned money to the usual finance corporations.

It is a pain to see how you put all cryptos in one bag like they are all the same.  You do not like scarcity, there are cryptos that are not scarce, you do not like inflation, there are cryptos that are deflationary, you do not like cryptos been commodities, there are cryptos that encourage and others that punish trading, you do not like volatility, there are cryptos linked to FIAT, you want to make cheap and fast payments, there are cryptos super fast and cheap to trade,  etc.  There are plenty of choices and if there is market for a choice that does not exist someone will create it.   The building blocks are there already and they are pretty solid.   It is now a matter of time, cryptos will be accepted everywhere in a couple of years. 

You are like the old guy who hated smartphones 10 years ago.