Wedding planner in Frankfurt

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am English and my fiancé is German.

We have read about all of the forms and requirements needed to get married and it sounds very tricky, therefore we are looking for assistance.

Can anyone please recommend a wedding planner who can help with all of the admin required.

Thanks, Matt

Hi ,

I am looking to revive this topic. Has any one have any Wedding planner of their trust?

I am looking to get married in Frankfurt and I need an organizer who speaks english and has some experience in the subject.

Thanks

I am not sure if this helps you, buuut, when I got married we went to Darmstadt. There is a place in the otherwise not so magnificent city which is unbelievably good for weddings.

http://www.weststadt.de/splash

I am not sure if you are set on the Frankfurt thing or if you have a venue already picked out and just want someone to plan the grunt work, but this place was absolutely perfect for us. They pretty much take care of everything. The food is absolutely delicious and you have a lot of room to customize your menu. They offer an open house with every possible option out on display and you simply choose what you are interested in. It is very low stress and the guy who runs the place is very reasonable with respect to price. We had more stress making the invitations then we did actually planning the wedding. The location is very unique off the train tracks, which obviously sounds a little strange for a wedding, but somehow it really comes together. The building itself is vary tall and the walls are lined with windows. I would throughly recommend this place to anyone, but a non-church wedding is something you would have to be into. We didn't have a religious wedding so if that is something you are looking for, maybe this place isn't for you. We did have someone "marry" us, but it was a very close family friend not a priest. I don't think it would be too difficult to hire a priest to come and speak. It really depends on what you are looking for.

If you are interested send me a PM and I can give you more details.

Also to anyone else who may stubble upon this thread in the future.

Never mind. If anyone else is looking for a wedding planner, I met one recently. PM me and I'll ferret out the business card.

I'd like to revive this thread as my fiancé and I are considering getting married in Frankfurt. We are both British expats, do not speak much German and do not understand how weddings work in Germany. For a while, we thought we would get married in England, but we live here, can organise it more easily, and prefer it here anyway! However, we're looking for an english-speaking wedding planner to help. It seems like a few people here may have known someone...?

Congratulations on your engagement! Not exactly in Frankfurt, but here's a good place to start: contact Anne-Katrin Schmülling, who runs Celebrate Life event-planning agency in Heidelberg (about an hour from Frankfurt). She is a very experienced professional wedding planner who speaks English. I'm guessing she might actually do weddings in Frankfurt, but if not, she probably knows very good folks who do. (Disclaimer: I am not Ann-Katrin, nor do I have any stake in her business. I just happen to have encountered happy clients of hers here in Heidelberg.)