Please help translate this word: Umschuldung

22 posts in this topic

The word is Umschuldung.

Google translate gives me "reschedudable" which is definitely not what I'm looking for.

I didn't see a thread for quick one-word translations, so I thought this could be it?

Umschuldung generally means refinancing.

EDIT: It can also mean debt rescheduling.

Google Translate generally sucks.

Another great translation site is dict.cc . They also have a lot of slang terms that are helpful in everyday speaking. :)

Google Translate is usually crap.

Google translate can get you on your way for big chunks of text (and be wary, as everyone said), but dict.cc works great and gives choices for words and phrases...

Debt being forgone, i.e. the creditor voluntarily cancels that debt.

Not really, it usually means that debt is either rescheduled (e. g. another interest rate and/or duration) or that there will be a different creditor.

My mother has been suffering from vertigo (to the extent that she fell yesterday, breaking her collarbone and banging her head onto the tiles) and now has an ENT appointment to find out what the reason is. For discussing this with the ENT doctor I´d like to know the English words for the different types of vertigo (we´re both native German speakers). Hence my question: how to properly translate "Lagerungsschwindel", "Schwankschwindel" and "Drehschwindel"? As we´re in Cyprus a translation into Greek would also do  :lol:. I guess that I could translate "Benommenheitsschwindel" as dizziness?

1 hour ago, jeba said:

My mother has been suffering from vertigo (to the extent that she fell yesterday, breaking her collarbone and banging her head onto the tiles) and now has an ENT appointment to find out what the reason is. For discussing this with the ENT doctor I´d like to know the English words for the different types of vertigo (we´re both native German speakers). Hence my question: how to properly translate "Lagerungsschwindel", "Schwankschwindel" and "Drehschwindel"? As we´re in Cyprus a translation into Greek would also do  :lol:. I guess that I could translate "Benommenheitsschwindel" as dizziness?

According to dict.cc, Lagerungsschwindel is positional vertigo, Schwankschwindel is staggering or swaying vertigo and Drehschwindel is rotary or rotational vertigo.  I didn't know there were that many types of dizziness.

Oh yes, the medical jargon covers all of those kinds of dizziness and more. I would take a look in Harrison's Principles of Medicine for the proper English medical terms.

dict.leo.org is written by laymen, I would not trust that!