"Really good" Indian restaurants in Berlin

90 posts in this topic

Back to Mann-O-Salwa in NK again - this time the Rogan Josh and it was, well, really OK. Once again, it would be nothing stellar in London, but for Berlin, looks like this place is worth a visit.

Yak & Yeti in Friedenau. I must say though that I'm pretty sure they have 2 chefs because sometimes it's good and sometimes it's amazing lol

Anyway, they have incredible food and incredible service also. The prices are also pretty "friendly", 10-15 eur and the portions are generous.

On 17/03/2021, 21:20:59, john_b said:

Back to Mann-O-Salwa in NK again - this time the Rogan Josh and it was, well, really OK. Once again, it would be nothing stellar in London, but for Berlin, looks like this place is worth a visit.

Their Chicken Jalfrezi is better than "really OK", it was "rather tasty". As you can tell, I'm slowly warming to this place :)

Well, here I am again. Despite many disappointments - some would say inevitable disappointments - looking for decent Indian/Pakistani restaurants in Berlin, I think I have another one that I can recommend:

Hol! Cow Authentic Pakistan Streetfood

https://hol-cow-authentic-pakistan-streetfood.business.site/

Kienitzer Str. 22, 12053 Berlin

I've only ordered delivery twice, so maybe I should wait to give judgement - but I would say that this place is not just "not bad" but actually "not bad at all" or even "rather good" (gasp)!

The first time I had a couple of samosas with tamarind sauce, then the Mix Biryani which was not only an ample portion but nicely flavoured. This evening I decided to given them another spin to see if it was a one off, and as FoodPanda are offering a €12 for your first order, I went for the samosas again (good), then Gusht (lamb) Tikka w/Basmati as well as a garlic naan. Even better than the first time, very flavoursome which makes me want to check out the restaurant itself (a few minutes from U7 Karl Marx Strasse).

So along with Mann o Salwa on Sonnenallee it means that there are two fairly decent Pakistani restaurants not far from each other in Neukölln. Remains to be seen what ambience they have (did eat outside Mann o Salwa this summer, which although OK, is next to a busy thoroughfare).

Here we go again - now ExBerliner is claiming an improvement in the quality of Indian restaurants in Berlin (Tandoori NächteThe Indique).  I don't know either - any reports?

https://www.exberliner.com/food/tandoori-nachte-and-the-indique-a-tale-of-two-biryanis-indian-restaurants/

Tandoori Nächte, Bornimer Str. 4, Charlottenburg, Tue-Sun 11-23 

The Indique, Ziegelstr. 29, Mitte, lunch Wed-Fri 12-15, dinner Wed-Sun 17-23

In the same vein, more breathless hyperbole from ExBerliner's food critic "Jane Silver"

https://www.exberliner.com/food/from-agni-to-zora-indian-restaurants-berlin/

I have been underwhelmed by Bahadur, Agni, Chutnify; rather liked Swadesh; am a regular visitor at the Zora Supermarket; and have yet to visit India Club, The Indique, Saravanaa Bhavan, Singh, Tandoori Nächte...

This discussion is really going viral! :D