St. Patrick's Day Parade 2013

45 posts in this topic

Thanks for the feedback. I was curious about that gap. It didn't spoil my enjoyment of the event. Shame I missed seeing the agro though.

It was a miracle that nothing happened at Odeons Platz, there would have been no escape as the stalls were close together with no room to get out and the front was blocked by spectators. Those arriving from Leopold Strasse just kept pushing in and as Hazza says it was impossible to get a drink or snack. Very ungerman organised. i'm surprised there was no control.

The KVR, the Fire Department, the Police, the Medics were all happy. It's a pity you were frightened.

The parade was not organised by Germans as a matter of interest.

Have a great day, be utterly kind unto yourself and stay away from the Good Friday crowds. :lol:

The organization committee might want to consider putting at least some of the concession stands in the Hofgarten, along Ludwigsstrasse (as already suggested) or at Wittelsbacherplatz in the future. This event has grown and really needs some room to spread out.

And next year the weather's bad and 3000 people turn up, rattle around on a virtually empty Odeonsplatz and stay for 15 minutes before heading home. As has happened many's the time before.

As Pas said above:

Perhaps they should just do a better job of making sure they plan it for a day it's snowing or raining? That worked for years.

Spreading stands out to other areas outside Odeonsplatz involves a whole new batch of permissions and costs on top of the already considerable load.

You're all welcome to get involved with the organisation, by the way, it's not a closed shop. Volunteers are always warmly welcomed and can put their ideas forward.