Bacon Bacon Bacon!

345 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, Acton said:

Going a bit crazy here. I followed a thread here which lead to an Irish butcher who offers things like bacon, sausages and black pudding. The latter has disappeared recently from our breakfast menu here because of BREXIT. I tried to order on this site and my order came to about 55€ and then came the shipping costs of 87€ on top. NO SALE!

Does anyone have a better option?

http://www.thesausagemanneversleeps.com/products

1 hour ago, Acton said:

Going a bit crazy here. I followed a thread here which lead to an Irish butcher who offers things like bacon, sausages and black pudding. The latter has disappeared recently from our breakfast menu here because of BREXIT. I tried to order on this site and my order came to about 55€ and then came the shipping costs of 87€ on top. NO SALE!

Does anyone have a better option?

I just randomly picked 10 packs of bacon @ €68.90 total and its quoting €29.43 air freight.

61a7a3bf8b2aa_Image2.png.87bffb8c1797a67

I'm down near Heidelberg. Are you entering your address correctly?

I've also just randomly picked a Berlin address ...

61a7be62cab58_Image3.png.1232fdee8365bda

...and got the exact same (same all over Germany) shipping cost.

Do you actually know where you live? It's a very important question to enable me to help you.

2 hours ago, Chelski said:

I've also just randomly picked a Berlin address ...

61a7be62cab58_Image3.png.1232fdee8365bda

...and got the exact same (same all over Germany) shipping cost.

Do you actually know where you live? It's a very important question to enable me to help you.

Duh. I think so, duh. Let me check.

Chelski?  Thanks so much for this. The site I found was in Ireland, but you've directed me to a compamy here in Berlin which I will follow ip tomorrow when they are open.

I am grateful for the information.

And thank you Brockman too!

36 minutes ago, Acton said:

Duh. I think so, duh. Let me check.

Don't get snarky with me. I've shown you two perfectly good examples (one from my home address and one from the Reichstag's address) that your original post is bollox.

So, you're either entering the wrong address, a troll or just fucking stupid.

2 minutes ago, Acton said:

Chelski?  Thanks so much for this. The site I found was in Ireland, but you've directed me to a compamy here in Berlin which I will follow ip tomorrow when they are open.

I am grateful for the information.

Read back. It wasn't me. Now I know you're fucking stupid.

14 hours ago, Chelski said:

Read back. It wasn't me. Now I know you're fucking stupid.

Chelski, this is an anonymous site and people can say what they want without any comeback. But you really need to learn some manners.

2 hours ago, Acton said:

Chelski, this is an anonymous site and people can say what they want without any comeback. But you really need to learn some manners.

You've got to cut the cockneys a little slack, they are one of the few groups of people where their slang is actually longer than what they are trying to say :lol:

5 hours ago, kiplette said:

Bacon.

May the thread never end.

I moderate on a rock band forum and cross-polination of threads is ignored by us, the Mod Squad. Threads may start as "What's your favourite song?" with plently of posts, and then evolve into discussions about Nietzsche, the price of bananas in Ecuador or even, "Does my bum look big in this?" Then the thread will go dim. 

Until... the next newbie arrives and posts his/her favourite song and the discussion is back on topic and rocking again.

The members also kinda self-moderate themselves which makes it easier for me to be a Mod. Yes, there's bitch-fights and all that nonsense but I sleep well at night without getting woken up by some alert at 4am.

My point being @kiplette is that whatever tangents this thread takes, however wide and varied, and with the grace and understanding of the TT mods, it will always be about...

Bacon.

6 hours ago, CincyInDE said:

a friend's Thanksgiving turkey is hiding under all that beercan. 

sm_beercan.jpg.9f275c39f6fd99658958271c3

I thought it was a bobble hat at first ...

11 hours ago, Chelski said:

I moderate on a rock band forum and cross-polination of threads is ignored by us, the Mod Squad. Threads may start as "What's your favourite song?" with plently of posts, and then evolve into discussions about Nietzsche, the price of bananas in Ecuador or even, "Does my bum look big in this?" Then the thread will go dim. 

Until... the next newbie arrives and posts his/her favourite song and the discussion is back on topic and rocking again.

The members also kinda self-moderate themselves which makes it easier for me to be a Mod. Yes, there's bitch-fights and all that nonsense but I sleep well at night without getting woken up by some alert at 4am.

My point being @kiplette is that whatever tangents this thread takes, however wide and varied, and with the grace and understanding of the TT mods, it will always be about...

Bacon.

If you combine rock bands and bacon...

https://www.facebook.com/TheCureTributeBand/

Never tried these folks myself, but they come highly recommended by other Brits:

Our Story – Geordie's Great British Bacon

The bit that made me laugh is that in their story they mention the frustration of online shops being sold out, which theirs appears to be at the moment, unless you are happy to grill a Gutschein, but accepting that supply/demand is always going to be a difficult balance with fresh products, they might be worth a go.