Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PM Course recommendations?

7 posts in this topic

Hi TTers,

googling around I found out there is a good offer and choices for PM courses here in Frankfurt. However I would like to hear if possible any first hand accounts or experiences with any of the providers of these courses.

Does anybody here has taken the CAPM or PMP courses and if yes, with which provider?

Thanks in advance

Integrata is a good one. Check them out for PMP and Prince2. Got to warn you though that they are not cheap and their language of instruction is German. All in all, Project management work experience is much more desired here than certificates which are sort of an added advantage when boosting some years of experience. Lastly, Prince2 is generally more popular in Europe(Germany included) than PMP which is more popular in the States but I guess your choice will depend on what your employer is asking for.

Good luck.

On a second thought...Must it be in Frankfurt? If you have 3 weeks, you can fly to India to these guys and do every project management training under the sky and add Cisco on top just for fun, get certified and come back for less than half the price. Enjoy the curry while you are there :-)

actually, even cheaper than India would be to do it in the UK; and flights are cheaper, too :)

I pre-filtered this for the special offers for Prince2 (companies in Germany are asking for Practitioner qualifications; you have to do Foundation first, but can do both in one week - the 5 day courses include the course materials, handbook and both tests). As you can see, some are offered in London for just 595GBP:

http://www.focus-on-training.co.uk/courses/search/?generic=1&keywords=Enter+Course+ID+or+Keywords&special_offers=on&skill_area=2&course_type=49&title=&country=1&location_0=1&location_1=&next_weeks=&date_from=29%2F01%2F2013

Of course, you can change the filters to find other PM courses - I just filtered it to Prince2 as that's the one I did (through these people) after I was given the tip from a colleague that the UK offers them so much cheaper than Germany.

I did my CAPM from these guys - http://www.proventuresindia.com/home/ . It is of course an Indian firm and I've had a great experience with them. Ridiculously experienced and qualified staff and the after-workshop support was top notch. Passed my CAPM effortlessly with 'Proficient' in 4 knowledge areas. :)

A classmate of mine (German) is flying to India for 2 weeks in March for a 5 day PMP course (1st week- training, 2nd week- holiday in South India) and worked it all out (including course fee, tickets, accommodation and the holiday) for 2000 €. The course alone cost him 500€, being a personalized 1-on-1 training. Asides from his flight tickets, they handled everything else.

Most companies here are well aware of PMI and the PMP/CAPM courses, so don't worry about its recognition.

Many thanks to al for your replies.

Actually flying to India doesn't seem a bad idea after all.... <_<

I will check out your information and later post how it went.

Cheers

Fign :D

Hi,

I took my PMP from PMSTUDY.com

they were good and have courses all over germany in english.