Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Banks that offer accounts despite negative Schufa

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am trying to open a bank account here as I have moved back to Germany after a brief spell a while ago.

I do have some negative entries on my Schufa report but I need a bank account to put my salary in.

I am not interested in Credit cards, overdrafts etc.

I jsut want a basic bank account but am finding it difficult opening one even though I do NOT want any credit.

Can anyone advise me on where I could open a basic account with no worries about Schufa?

Feedback would be much appreciated(slightly stressed!)

Regards

Joel.

Go to your Sparkasse, they have to take everybody, unlike the private banks who can pick and choose their customers.

In some Bundesländer this obligation is written into the respective Sparkassengesetz (= savings bank law, see here), Hessen is among them, so you will get that account today for sure there.

In other Bundesländer it's a voluntary commitment on their part (see here).

You should ask for a Jedermann-Konto, some Sparkassen also call it a Bürgerkonto.

No, just the Sparkasse, a big hint is that your right to this account is laid down in the Sparkassengesetz = Sparkassen law.

The Sparkassen have a special statute, their primary goal is not to make profits, but to serve the financial needs of the population.

Think of them as state-owned banks and you won't be far off.

Volksbanken and Raiffeisenbanken are in a different category, they are Genossenschaftsbanken, i.e. mutual banks, which means that they are owned by the people who bank there.