Question about Zertifikat for Integrationskurs

40 posts in this topic

If anyone here already got the "Zertifikat Integrationskurs" could please let me if it also states the Teilnahme-datum.

One can apply for citizenship after 7 years on basis of

" die nachgewiesene erfolgreiche Teilnahme an einem Integrationskurs dazu führt, dass sich die Frist zur Einbürgerung von 8 auf 7 Jahre reduziert"

I am already having Zertifikat Deutsch B1 and also made the Orientierungstest from VHS paying €20 without attending the classes only giving the test last day.Now i want to send these both Certificates to BAMF and get the Zertifikat Integrationskurs to get the 7 years benefit for Citizenship but now i am confused will i get the Zertifikat or not as i have directly given the test without attending the classes so would like to know if in this Zertifikat do they also mention the dates or its a simple Zertifikat.

Although I understand your question (and can't answer it directly), I'm not sure I understand your worry about dates.

The Zertifikat Integrationskurs is issued by the BAMF if you can prove you have the Zertifikat Deutschtest B1 and have passed the Orientierungskurstest. You've done that, so there should be no problem with the BAMF issuing you the desired Zertifikat Integrationskurs. The only issue might be that normally, the prerequisite for sitting the Orientierungskurstest is attending the Orientierungskurs, which you didn't do. However, once you can present proof that you passed the Orientierungskurstest, I'm assuming the BAMF is not going to quibble. (I could be wrong, you never know with German bureaucracy...)

So what is your worry about dates?

I am already having Zertifikat Deutsch B1 and also made the Orientierungstest from VHS paying €20 without attending the classes only giving the test last day.Now i want to send these both Certificates to BAMF and get the Zertifikat Integrationskurs to get the 7 years benefit for Citizenship but now i am confused will i get the Zertifikat or not as i have directly given the test without attending the classes

Yes, don't worry, they only care about the fact that you passed the exam.

You can find out the "Regionalstelle" that is responsible for you here:

• Give in your address.
  • Check the box to the left of "Zuständige Regionalstelle mit Regionalkoordinator"

Send your "Regionalstelle" an e-mail, with your scanned two certificates as an attachment, and they will send you your "Zertifikat Integrationskurs" by snail mail, see here.

It will contain the date it is issued by the BAMF (Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge), see here for another type of certificate that they issue, but like the.frollein, I don't understand why you think that date is important.

I would like to apply for Citizenship on the basis of 7yrs instead of 8yrs as per the below criteria.

"durch die Bescheinigung des Bundesamtes für Migration und Flüchtlinge die erfolgreiche Teilnahme an einem Integrationskurs nach, wird die Frist nach Absatz 1 auf sieben Jahre verkürzt.

Now the Bescheinigung which BAMF issues is the Zertifikat Integrationskurs.

My only worry is as i did not attend the Orientierungskurs and only gave the test so what will BAMF state on this Certificate and will i be able to take the 7 year benefit applying for Einbürgerung or should i wait for 8 years.

So I am having Goethe Zertifikat B1 and Orientierungstest Zertifikat but never attended any Integrationskurs.

Why don't you just apply for the "Zertifikat Integrationskurs" and take it and apply for your Einbürgerung with it?

There is no sense in worrying about something that may not even happen, what do you lose by trying?

By the way, never use "I am having", it is almost always wrong, just use "I have".

Exception: you can say "I am having a nervous breakdown" if you are in the process of having a nervous breakdown.

Thanks will try to get the Zertifikat from BAMF and hope to get it without providing the Teilnahme proof.

Reviving the thread: I have been searching around for naturalization procedure. From what I gather, these are the options most relevant to me,

1) 8 years: Do a DTZ (NOT Zertifikat Deutsch B1, correct?), and Einbürgerungstest. Naturalize :)

Is DTZ necessary, or any B1 certificate, like Zertifikat Deutsch B1, or testDAF would work?

2) 7 years: Do a DTZ (NOT Zertifikat Deutsch B1, correct?), and Orientungstest --> Apply for Integration Zertifikat. Then do Einbürgerungstest. Naturalize :)

Is it correct that Orientungstest is no more necessary, and DTZ+Einbürgerungstest would suffice for Inetgration Zertifikat, and eventually for naturalization?

Please post relevant links, if you can. 

Cheers.

ps. DTZ has more than just grammer to it (listening, essay writing, oral, etc.), as opposed to typical certificates.

I already have Zertifikat Deutsch B1. I guess, now I need only Orientungstest. But where can I take Orientungstest? I checked in google for berlin, doesn't show any results.

@libuz Also, you can just go the the Berlin.de site and do a - course search - on either Orientierungskursprüfung or Leben in Deutschland and you get some hits.  There also seems to be a bunch of private languages centers offering the course but they mostly focus on providing that service for their students.

There is tons of incorrect info in this thread. I suggest people read this thread instead: https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/370089-einb%C3%BCrgerung-in-7-years/

Summary: The integration course tests DO NOT suffice for shortening the citizenship application period to 7 years. This is because BOTH B1 German and the Leben in Deutschland test are normally required for citizenship apps for after 8 years, so they are nothing special justifying shortening the app period. To have the app period shortened to seven years, one must actually participate in (attend) the course component of the integration course, not just take the tests. Furthermore, attending just one or two modules (such as just attending the orientation course) is not sufficient. One of the posters in the other thread emailed BAMF to ask about this, and they said that at least 4 modules of the integration course (about 400 hours) must be attended to shorten the period to 7 years. After hearing this, I asked as well and received the same response.

If you already have B1 German, it is probably a better use of time to get B2+ German and do some volunteer work to shorten the required # of years to 6 years.

On 8/21/2018, 6:11:25, kapil354 said:

@Zeitbuch I guess it depends varies from state to state... northern states are more relaxed I guess.

Any evidence for this? BAMF (the federal agency) told multiple people that 400 hours of an integration course was required to receive a certificate (not just the tests), so that seemed to be something that may not vary by state.

No, you are right.   I did the integration course, orientation course and language test privately and there was never any doubt I was still on eight years.  The seven was only ever for people undertaking the course via the formal state route and that does include levels of attendance that must be met for all people going on that course.  (Those of us doing it privately had no such obligation).  

On 22.8.2018, 00:11:25, kapil354 said:

@Zeitbuch I guess it depends varies from state to state... northern states are more relaxed I guess.

Relaxed or not is not relevant here – immigration law is federal law, not state law. The states (Länder) have no discretion here. 

3 hours ago, Zeitbuch said:

Any evidence for this? BAMF (the federal agency) told multiple people that 400 hours of an integration course was required to receive a certificate (not just the tests), so that seemed to be something that may not vary by state.

I got the Integrationkurs Zertifikat without attending the course. I just took the B1 + Leben in Deutschland test. Then went to the local VHS with both the certificates who applied for the Integrationkurs certificate for me at BAMF. I received the certificate in about 2 weeks and because of that naturalized after 7 years. 

9 hours ago, syedalisajjad said:

I got the Integrationkurs Zertifikat without attending the course. I just took the B1 + Leben in Deutschland test. Then went to the local VHS with both the certificates who applied for the Integrationkurs certificate for me at BAMF. I received the certificate in about 2 weeks and because of that naturalized after 7 years. 

Perfect!
Can you please share what other material they asked for? :)

On 8/24/2018, 5:46:24, syedalisajjad said:

Interesting- did it specify that you participated in the integration course? It sounds like while it is possible to get the certificate without attending the course (just by taking the tests), they are not supposed to say that you "participated" in the course on the certificate unless you attended at least 4 units of an integration course, and that "participated" bit is what is required for early naturalization.

On 8/25/2018, 9:15:28, kapil354 said:

Perfect!
Can you please share what other material they asked for? :)

Depends on the Landratsamt you are applying at...

- Rentenverschierungverlauf

- Last 3 pay slips

- Mietvertrag

- Birth certificate 

- Marriage certificate in case married

- Einbuergerungs Antrag  etc 

On 8/26/2018, 12:50:41, Zeitbuch said:

Interesting- did it specify that you participated in the integration course? It sounds like while it is possible to get the certificate without attending the course (just by taking the tests), they are not supposed to say that you "participated" in the course on the certificate unless you attended at least 4 units of an integration course, and that "participated" bit is what is required for early naturalization.

That "participated" bit is not required. Only this certificate is required, doesn't matter whether you attended the course or took the tests privately. See attached the screenshot of the certificate i got from BAMF. 

IKZ.jpg