Best countries to retire to

190 posts in this topic

You said Ireland further up the thread, last three pages of which I just caught up on.

We lived in NornIrn for a couple of years about 20 years ago and it was completely brilliant, best place I ever was. South would be even better, I think.

On 7.7.2017, 08:29:14, arunadasi said:

That Chinese lady can talk! They came back from wherever they'd gone to and apprently she's posted photos of this place all over Wechat, which apparently is the Facebook equivalent of Facebook. And all her hundreds of friends love it and want to come next year. She is giving them the hosts telephone number and address so they don't even have to book through airbnb. I think I will do the same on Facebook and we will have a battle between East abd West! He will be booked out next year!

Late edit:  this should have been "Chinese equivalent of Facebook".

So the plan is to have a base in Ireland and spend winters in India.

The good news is that it's now possible to get a ten-year visa for India so if I later do want to spen more time there it will be easier. My son was offered this iin Munich. Both he and my daughter got one year visas.

These days, it is not so easy to retire to some favourites places. Australia and New Zealand do not have retiree visas. So a very large amount of money is needed to get a business/ investor visa. If you have family there, then it is possible, but healthcare costs are high.

Most do not want over 65s with ,maybe , fixed pensions and numerous health issues.