Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Recreational Ice Hockey in Nuremberg

3 posts in this topic

I considered posting this in the Nuremberg forum but there just is so little traffic in there... Hoping maybe some one has general tips for the entire of Germany.

I'm a Canadian and love everything hockey. Anyone know of anywhere to play ice hockey in the Erlangen/Fürth/Nürnberg area? Maybe even further? What is the key german search term on Google for such a rec club (I've tried "eishockey verein")? Any general tips on how to track down rec groups? I've thought of just going to an Ice Tigers game and just start asking questions with service people, since they're "closer" to the sport and might be able to start pointing me in the right direction.

I obviously have stopped playing while in Germany but am looking to having my gear shipped over and hopefully find a team here to play with. However, until I find a sure-thing for hockey, I don't want to ship it all over.

Thanks!

The best way to find the amateur teams out there is to google "hobby+eishockey".

According to this list (click on "Herren" and then search for Vereine in Bayern), there are five or six Hobbymannschaften (amateur/hobby teams) in Nürnberg and one in Erlangen. Not sure how current some of the listings are though.

HTH

Thanks! The search term is what I really wasn't too sure of. I think moving forward, it will be a bit of social engineering and asking around until I find the person who organizes it (as what I had to do moving into a new city in Canada). These types of things aren't very often up-to-date on the web.