Disposing of old tires

37 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can dispose of 8 - 10 old tires (with and without rims)? I have them in the Thalkirchen area.

Appeciate any advice.

You could try taking them to a tyre dealer, they probably have a skip full off them, they will probably charge you though. Otherwise you should take them to your nearest recycling/junk collection place called 'Wertstoffhof'. Wertstoffhof Muenchen

I've just seen that you're not in Munich so the link is not much use to you!

You could try taking them to a tyre dealer

Do you think they take tires as well? B)

Otherwise you should take them to your nearest recycling/junk collection place called 'Wertstoffhof'. Wertstoffhof Muenchen

Do they only allow cars with Munich plates in? I have a flat in Munich, but now live in Ludwisgburg.

the best way to get rid of tires i have found is to get on a good exercise regimen, plus watch your diet.

Couldn't you just see if you can sell them to one of the saffers on TT ? Seth Afrikens seem to find all kinds of uses for old tyres . . . :ph34r:

When we bought new winter tyres for our car, the garage offered to take our old tyres from us, and it cost EUR 1.50 per tyre (so EUR 6 for us).

I personally would hold onto them in case of a riot. You know stuff them with newspapers and douse them with petrol and light up. Makes a great police barrier (I hold onto all glass bottles for this reason the landlord intially questioned it but once he found I was an artist accepted it). Or am I the only one that was at the WTF "meetings" in Seattle?

I was there (WTF) in spirit. Thanks for the tip. I bring them to you in Regenburg! :P I heard you have a lot of room. Maybe you can integrate the into your work? By the way: GO PATS!

Refloating this 12 year old post. I failed to sell my old winter tires this season, I think they are too worn out for anyone to take, even for free (4.5 mm does not sound that bad, but no one replied to my eBay post).

Do you know how could I dispose of them in a safe manner, and for free? (I heard tire shops usually charge for it). Is there a recycling center not too far from Munich center?