New Relocating to Munich: Feeling a little lost

54 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, arun kumar a said:

I have been given choice to manage my relocation(get the sum paid on joining) or let the company offer relocation services of the sum agreed upon. Which is a better deal?. We are a couple relocating from India. 

As UN says- the relocation service may be the more convenient deal.   How fluent is your  German ?

They can sort apartments, look at  location etc.  I would say- go with them. Less stress.

On 7/27/2017, 9:35:57, RedMidge said:

As UN says- the relocation service may be the more convenient deal.   How fluent is your  German ?

They can sort apartments, look at  location etc.  I would say- go with them. Less stress.

My German is non-existent. Does the relocation service provided by company entail for tax refund ?

Are you asking if you get some sort of tax break if the company organizes and pays for the relocation?

1 hour ago, Uncle Nick said:

Are you asking if you get some sort of tax break if the company organizes and pays for the relocation?

Yes.

If they are organizing and paying for it why should you get the tax break as it is not coming out of your pocket?

Well I was given a choice to take one-off payment or let them handle the relocation and I chose the later.

I would like to understand if upon registering a temporary address I can use a hotel ? Could someone please confirm.

Yes, but you might have trouble getting confirmation from the hotel saying you live there. Some hotels, for reasons I don’t understand, are reluctant to issue it. 

Yes we just moved to Munich from the US and the Hotel would not sign stating we lived there temporarily so we hired a professional real estate person to aid our apartment search and found a great new apartment within 2 days with her assistance.

On 13.1.2018, 14:10:20, Dataway said:

Yes we just moved to Munich from the US and the Hotel would not sign stating we lived there temporarily so we hired a professional real estate person to aid our apartment search and found a great new apartment within 2 days with her assistance.

Could you tell more about it. Who was it, what was the cost. What did you find for how much?

If you need any help related to this, I can gladly send you few useful links, normally they are in german, but knowing few keywords, it will make you life easier.

2 minutes ago, Nestor. said:

If you need any help related to this, I can gladly send you few useful links, normally they are in german, but knowing few keywords, it will make you life easier.

Dunno who you are talking to, but the last post on this thread was made in 2018!

Still, a kind offer to help!