First World Problems

484 posts in this topic

really? you're kinda screwed then.  Forget lack of drinks, if it's that dire I imagine you will slowly starve to death 

RIP slammer

2 hours ago, lisa13 said:

really? you're kinda screwed then.  Forget lack of drinks, if it's that dire I imagine you will slowly starve to death 

RIP slammer

I have an emergency supply of raman noodles and I found a bottle of Helles, I know it´s not a Weizen but I am used to hardship and will tough it out.

6 hours ago, slammer said:

...the beer fridge is empty. Only two bottles of alcohol free left.

You don't have a back-up supply of regular beer? :o

27 minutes ago, katheliz said:

You don't have a back-up supply of regular beer? :o

right?   Amateur!

seriously slammer, afaik there are resources available everywhere to assist the elderly and infirmed with their shopping.  don't screw around with not having food and stuff.  at least look into it in case your recovery takes longer than you expect eh?

4 hours ago, slammer said:

I have an emergency supply of raman noodles and I found a bottle of Helles, I know it´s not a Weizen but I am used to hardship and will tough it out.

Just to add a little advice to our lighthearted answers - the Rewe supermarket does home deliveries (including beer)! And Schondorf has several Rewes in the area.

Is this the Schondorf you meant?

https://www.meinprospekt.de/schondorf-ammersee/filialen/rewe-de

6 minutes ago, Metall said:

Just to add a little advice to our lighthearted answers - the Rewe supermarket does home deliveries (including beer)! And Schondorf has several Rewes in the area.

Is this the Schondorf you meant?

https://www.meinprospekt.de/schondorf-ammersee/filialen/rewe-de

They do deliver but I was checking it out once and it seemed like the available delivery dates were all a week or two in the future. Still better than nothing and until then he can survive on pizza delivery. Keep in mind that some pizzerias will deliver alcohol as well. Not cheap though.

The backup beer for the backup beers has gone and now I´m down to the pretend beer. My fridge is generally a biotope in it´s own right where evolution gets a kick everytime the light goes on, then it´s survival of the fittest in my Bauknecht. Just recently I opened it and found the lettuce hunting the radishes and some mystery meat in the tupperware hissed at me when I opened the lid.

Is it just me or is drinking alcohol free beer like sex with your sister? Everything is there where it should be but somehow it´s just not right.

9 minutes ago, slammer said:

The backup beer for the backup beers has gone and now I´m down to the pretend beer. My fridge is generally a biotope in it´s own right where evolution gets a kick everytime the light goes on, then it´s survival of the fittest in my Bauknecht. Just recently I opened it and found the lettuce hunting the radishes and some mystery meat in the tupperware hissed at me when I opened the lid.

Is it just me or is drinking alcohol free beer like sex with your sister? Everything is there where it should be but somehow it´s just not right.

Franziskaner Weißbier alkoholfrei tastes ok if properly cooled.

Keep it away from the other occupants of your fridge though. They might enjoy it.

16 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

Franziskaner Weißbier alkoholfrei tastes ok if properly cooled.

Keep it away from the other occupants of your fridge though. They might enjoy it.

They havn´t evolved far enough to invent the bottle opener yet.

2 minutes ago, slammer said:

They havn´t evolved far enough to invent the bottle opener yet.

Don't jinx it.

I think you need local friends. I know, it is crap, but for situations like this they might be useful.

I cannot access outlook. Apparently I need to update Firefox on my Linux OS. Unfortunately that is beyond my ken...:o

Oh BOOO! Just been to the local witchdoctor to shake the chickenbones over my foot and do the Juju and then he has given me Alcoholverbot to boot. Better get used to the Alcfree stuff from now on.

30 minutes ago, slammer said:

Oh BOOO! Just been to the local witchdoctor to shake the chickenbones over my foot and do the Juju and then he has given me Alcoholverbot to boot. Better get used to the Alcfree stuff from now on.

As I said: "Franziskaner Weißbier alkoholfrei" isn't bad at all. Just get your tenants in the fridge disciplined.

(How sober was he anyway?)

My favorite alcfree is Erdinger Alkoholfrei.  And I don't even like normal Erdinger.

2 hours ago, slammer said:

And get well soon. May The Scoville be with you.

I reckon Bitburger's 0,0 radler isn't too bad (it's not beer, but it's drinkable). My linked first world dilemma is whether or not it is acceptable to let kids drink it?

We don't let our kids have it, but at a barbecue at our place some friends did let their kids drink it. I guess since it's 0% then it's probably no worse than letting them have lemonade (which our kids sometimes drink). I'd like to say that my objection is that it stops them getting a taste for beer (but I'm really not sure that's true, and would be pretty hypocritical of me), but really my objection is just that to me is seems wrong to see 7-8 year olds walking around with Bit stubbies, even if there's no alcohol...possibly also hypocritical, but...well, that's why it's my first world dilemma. Views? 

12 minutes ago, dstanners said:

Views? 

Drinking Coke is OK and drinking Alcfree beer is not OK?   This is to me at the same level with "Wearing a winter hat is OK but wearing a headscarf is wrong".

14 minutes ago, dstanners said:

I reckon Bitburger's 0,0 radler isn't too bad (it's not beer, but it's drinkable). My linked first world dilemma is whether or not it is acceptable to let kids drink it?

We don't let our kids have it, but at a barbecue at our place some friends did let their kids drink it. I guess since it's 0% then it's probably no worse than letting them have lemonade (which our kids sometimes drink). I'd like to say that my objection is that it stops them getting a taste for beer (but I'm really not sure that's true, and would be pretty hypocritical of me), but really my objection is just that to me is seems wrong to see 7-8 year olds walking around with Bit stubbies, even if there's no alcohol...possibly also hypocritical, but...well, that's why it's my first world dilemma. Views? 

Sadly it's the taste that triggers the addiction. Ask any alcoholic.