First World Problems

484 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

A third world problem that is actually a first world one. My water bottle is empty half an hour before my train arrives at its destination. :angry:

Hand-Crushing-Water-Bottle.jpg.01af4606c

On 3/9/2019, 2:23:48, Anna66 said:

My internet went down for 4 hours and I was unable to stream netflix... :blink:

Oh my gosh. I hope you’re ok! :lol:

5 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Oh my gosh. I hope you’re ok! :lol:

That's so traumatic, life altering even. :(

netflix.jpg.393b9100d6d5c341844dc0c47e60

On 3/9/2019, 3:23:48, Anna66 said:

My internet went down for 4 hours and I was unable to stream netflix... :blink:

I am glad I don´t have to deal with that  from the Third World (my Cretan village)..I don´t even know what netflix is! The locals, if I asked them, would tell me it´s a kind of local olive oil or maybe a rat poison!

I am inclined to believe it´s a kind of olive oil.

:o:o

My netflix works perfectly, but "Unbreakable Kimmy" is too irritating to watch! :D

16 hours ago, john g. said:

I am glad I don´t have to deal with that  from the Third World (my Cretan village)..I don´t even know what netflix is! The locals, if I asked them, would tell me it´s a kind of local olive oil or maybe a rat poison!

I am inclined to believe it´s a kind of olive oil.

:o:o

To me netflix sounds like taramasalata but made with bull bollocks instead of fish roe. 

I couldn´t agree more, hoops. People should take responsibility for their own failings.Same here on Crete, home to the world famous Cretan Diet (the healthiest in the world...you will even see it glorified in writing outside restaurants in tourist areas on the menus )..but what do you really see? The 80 year olds wander up and down hills plucking herbs and the kids/teenagers/young adults...mostly vastly overweight. The parents stuff their kids´ faces with sweet shit from an early morning.

Diabetes? On its way massively.

When I was at school there was one fat kid. Now? Here: most. And not only here.

The most middle class thing you will read today.

In possibly her most on-brand column yet, Alison Pearson has decided the exam system is not fit for purpose because her son got a C in drama.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB6rWyNWwAAeZaU.jpg

"This scandal is not about my child, although he was one of its casualties. So I’ll begin with his story – but I want it to speak for the thousands of young people who are betrayed every year by our appalling, dysfunctional examination system".

"According to the exam regulator, Ofqual, two out of five teenagers taking certain A-levels will open their results tomorrow to find they have been given an “unreliable” grade. My heart goes out to them. I know all too well the pain that they and their parents will feel".

"Exactly 12 months ago, we were enjoying a family holiday in Italy with my son and his friend. As A-level results day approached, there was a slight static of apprehension in the air, but …"

The yard crew got here this morning while I was still in bed, an hour before they usually arrive.  I had to get up and get dressed so I could unlock the driveway gate to give them access to the yardwaste bin.

No butler, just an every-other-week cleaning time. :) Age has its privileges.

1 hour ago, hooperski said:

The most middle class thing you will read today.

In possibly her most on-brand column yet, Alison Pearson has decided the exam system is not fit for purpose because her son got a C in drama.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB6rWyNWwAAeZaU.jpg

"This scandal is not about my child, although he was one of its casualties. So I’ll begin with his story – but I want it to speak for the thousands of young people who are betrayed every year by our appalling, dysfunctional examination system".

"According to the exam regulator, Ofqual, two out of five teenagers taking certain A-levels will open their results tomorrow to find they have been given an “unreliable” grade. My heart goes out to them. I know all too well the pain that they and their parents will feel".

"Exactly 12 months ago, we were enjoying a family holiday in Italy with my son and his friend. As A-level results day approached, there was a slight static of apprehension in the air, but …"

Grade A in drama for this  mother?

:lol:

Life's a bitch for j2.

He said.

"Got one of these new stand up paddles for the holidays. We tried it out on the beach near San Tropez earlier this year and my son lost the tiny bloody screws which holds the fin on the board. I was scraping through the sand to no avail. 

Bought another screw last week so we can use it again in Croatia soon and today we tested the whole board out in the inlaws pool. Perfect. This SUP may be fun"...

So just as we've been saying all along, j2 has a screw loose.

I'm still kicking myself for throwing out a teaspoon by mistake in 2016. It was part of a 24-piece cutlery set I'd had for over 20 years. Now minus one piece. Who knows what happened to it. Crushed and destroyed probably. The poor poor little teaspoon...

Here is a good instance of a first world problem. Injured my foot so that I can´t walk and the beer fridge is empty. Only two bottles of alcohol free left.

21 minutes ago, slammer said:

Here is a good instance of a first world problem. Injured my foot so that I can´t walk and the beer fridge is empty. Only two bottles of alcohol free left.

home delivery is your friend

first world solutions ;)

38 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

home delivery is your friend

first world solutions ;)

Not out here in Schondorf, they still eat their dead here and I can just about very painfully hobble to the loo, going down two flights of stairs is out of the question. Amma doomed.