Limits on international money transfer

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking to transfer a lump sum from Oz to Germany through a broker (ozforex, unless someone has a better recommendation!) but vaguely remember that there is a limit to which the Bundesbank is supposed to know about, I think it's 12,500€.

If looking to transfer say 15000€ to Germany, is there a form I'm supposed to download/fill-out/submit somewhere to let the Bundesbank know of my money coming into the country?

Do they cross-check this money to make sure I've been paying tax on it in Oz?

If looking to transfer say 15000€ to Germany, is there a form I'm supposed to download/fill-out/submit somewhere to let the Bundesbank know of my money coming into the country?

After the money has arrived in your German bank account, just fill in the form Anlage Z4 with:

Übertragung eigenes Vermögen / 850 / Australien / amount_you_received_in_k€, i.e. 15 for 15,000€ / 0

Do not write within the thick lines, those spaces are for the Bundesbank to fill in.

This is a pure formality so that the Bundesbank knows as what to register the amount in their own statistics.

You are supposed to submit only first page of the form by snail mail until the 7th day of the month following the one that you got the money, i.e. if you get it on Jnauary 3rd, you have until February 7th.

The postal address where to send it is on the form.

No.

On 12/6/2012, 10:11:48, PandaMunich said:

After the money has arrived in your German bank account, just fill in the form Anlage Z4 with:

Übertragung eigenes Vermögen / 850 / Australien / amount_you_received_in_k€, i.e. 15 for 15,000€ / 0

Do not write within the thick lines, those spaces are for the Bundesbank to fill in.

This is a pure formality so that the Bundesbank knows as what to register the amount in their own statistics.

You are supposed to submit only first page of the form by snail mail until the 7th day of the month following the one that you got the money, i.e. if you get it on Jnauary 3rd, you have until February 7th.

The postal address where to send it is on the form.

No.

Is that still the case?

On 12/6/2012, 9:45:47, barry2104 said:

actually it was this bit that interested me. Money is coming from England to De, house sale and inheritance