Favourite internet radio stations

91 posts in this topic

I try listening to BBC Radio1 over the internet but sound quality is rubbish frankly...am I doing something wrong? Do I need to adjust settings or something? Sounds like a €3 Chinese portable radio.

Edit - just tuned into Bayern 3 over the internet and getting wonderful sound quality with plenty of bass etc - so clearly my PC is forcing me to integrate better with the locals! I bet when I go home SKY will have died on the TV...

BBC website has an ace radio player which as well as having all BBC radio stations online, has on demand shows from the last week or so, so you can choose to listen to different stuff. Some nice comedy.

With a flatrate I have found myself listening to alot more online radio. Here are my stations...

WBRU — Boston news, NPR, BBC

WERU — alternative, folk, rock music

MPBC — Maine news, classical music

Radio Caroline — classic rock

NPR — non-commerical news (with a libreal slant), culture, science, and much more

Yours?

CountryonSKY.fm

NBOX Kickin country

Total Country

Planet Zeb- 80's

but only at the office, our computer tech set up each room in the office with the music library... so no more fights over the radio station.

At home I don't listen to the radio.

Radio Paradise.com - lots of different music. They call themselves an "eclectic" music station

Virgin Classic Rock

Aero Classic Rock FM

Clued into Resonance 104.4 fm by a former inhabitant of Munich now in Capetown: heavy on the artsy stuff, some spoken word. For those who are into that sort of thing. If anyone IS into that sort of thing, I can recommend a couple of sites with major archives, as well.

fm4

It is Austrian but its news are read in English and sometimes in French. Sounds quite cute with Austrian accent B)