Accused of torrenting copyrighted material

3,077 posts in this topic

Yes, that is illegal as well. If you have been watching these videos you should uninstall your browser and disconnect your computer from the internet. Otherwise you are likely to be in serious trouble with the authorities.

OMG i cant believe it, but I think your pulling my leg..hehe ok i might have believed deleting the browser but disconnecting the internet, right :rolleyes:

Hi All,

some time ago I wrote in this thread because I was also receiver of one beloved letter...

The fear of hear back something is still alive and I was looking for some information about "my letter".

My German isn't so good, but isn't this site proposing for supporting defence in these cases?

http://www.kanzlei-munderloh.de/

I got a letter from him as persecutor less than a year ago!!!

are they even playing double role???

So, several months later Rasch sends a letter to my scumbag lawyer, telling me they accept my modified UE, but still demand compensation. I am not surprised by this.

The scumbag recommends I offer them 500€ (but could end up higher). Now the best part. His fee for handling this negotiation is almost 500€, due immediately!!! This is on top of the 1.700€ I already paid the bastard!!!

I don`t know if this will ever end! I am afraid that if they reject the 500€ the scumbag will charge another fee for the next amount.

I found out he has an office near mine. I´d drop in, but I don´t think I would be able to hold back from punching him in his big fat greedy face.

All of this for letting a guest connect to my home internet for half a day....

To anyone else wanting a layer in these matters I can rate the firm I am using very highly. They offer 2 services both with a flat rate. The cheapest service covers one case against you and all subsequent letters / consultancy and is in the region of 500€. The second option covers you for all cases against you that come prior to you signing with them for 600€. I know its not the cheapest here, but their support has been excellent with English speaking support (All documents are in German but they explain what they are sending as well as the options available). They are currently taking care of 27,000+ cases in this field.

The guy representing me is Christian Solmecke of WILDE BEUGER SOLMECKE attorneys at Law based in Cologne. They produce a weekly e-mail telling you about the cases that they are representing and the legal findings.

Here is a link to their web page where you can find more information:

http://www.wbs-law.de/

I found out he has an office near mine. I´d drop in, but I don´t think I would be able to hold back from punching him in his big fat greedy face.

All of this for letting a guest connect to my home internet for half a day....

Surely that house guest is first in the line for the face punch?

Surely that house guest is first in the line for the face punch?

If your new the Germany you might not even no its Illegal, i surely didn't, maybe he should talk to his friend, because i would be happy to pay the fine if it was me, i wouldn't want someone else paying for something i did.

If your new the Germany you might not even no its Illegal, i surely didn't, maybe he should talk to his friend, because i would be happy to pay the fine if it was me, i wouldn't want someone else paying for something i did.

Yes that was exactly the case Eileenro. It was an accident, he didn't know better, and he feels horrible. There were some background processes running on his PC that were automatically seeding. He is trying to pay what and when he can, but is a student and this is likely going to be around 3.000€ (mostly paid to the lawyer I hired to "help").

Don't really agree. In any decent administration an offer of around €100 to cover compensation would be accepted, without the need for going to a lawyer, etc. Only repeat, major offenders would be being harrassed and placed into closed loops like the one experienced here by so many.

Whilst agreeing downloading/uploading is illegal, and it is fair to address it, the German system seems so unfairly weighted in favour of the lawyers it comes across as a scam perpetrated by "the system".

Downloading /uploading isnt Illegal!! Get it right...

Its the sharing/Downloading/uploading of copyrighted content, that is not paid for, that is illegal!

As I have said before, its theft!

Way to be pedantic and then following it up with an incorrect theft remark yourself.

WTF..

I can Upload a video clip, that I made for my parents to download.. thats legal...

I downloaded Microsoft office last week... I had bought the License, that too was legal..

Please explain your comment..

Well SP, it isn't theft is it? Because downloading (stealing if you will) the file is not punished. But uploading is, and disproportionately so with little or no actual proof required by the accuser. Is that not like being fined for leaving a nice tray of cookies on your windowledge to cool which a passerby then takes (without being punished)?

You steal a Disney movie on the "hush hush"... Then you run out into the streets and start distributing that film to all and sundry, then you are going to get caught...

It is easier to monitor a Slower stream ( ie upload) than it is to monitor the faster download!

@ NomadicCanuck,

why can't you stop just all communication with either lawyer?

also, I don't get how you paid your lawyer more than the asked penalty for DL.

You miss a screw or something? you really believe, that even if it reaches court and you loose (a lot of ifs...) you will ever pay more than a few 100 Euros?

man, I should enter the business, I am really in need of easy money...

WTF..

I can Upload a video clip, that I made for my parents to download.. thats legal...

I downloaded Microsoft office last week... I had bought the License, that too was legal..

Please explain your comment..

Is's obvious that with "Whilst agreeing downloading/uploading is illegal" he/she was talking about the illegal downloading/uploading of copyrighted material. That's what this thread is all about. Anyway, it is not theft because noone is deprived of his posession, it's copyright infringement.

@ NomadicCanuck, why can't you stop just all communication with either lawyer?also, I don't get how you paid your lawyer more than the asked penalty for DL.You miss a screw or something? you really believe, that even if it reaches court and you loose (a lot of ifs...) you will ever pay more than a few 100 Euros?man, I should enter the business, I am really in need of easy money...

The lawyer I hired verbally told me a few hundred euros and it would all be done. Then got me to sign an engagement letter. Then used some German law to bill me a fortune, and harass me for it until I paid. Now that Rasch is back, he sends me another bill to negotiate with them. And now they both want money. Not sure if I can walk away now or not....they all threaten with big consequences if I don't act. Maybe I am missing a screw. The only thing for certain is that I am getting screwed. :unsure:

Nomad, did you understand what you signed?

There are other reputable scumbags recommended on this thread that helped others for around €300 for our cases and subsequent cases. Did you use one of those? If not, would you let people know who you used as a warning?

I had a German coworker help me review what I signed, but there was so much legal jargon that I guess I didn't get a good interpretation.

I think I may try one of the lawyers here to see if I can get out if this mess.

I am hesitating to post his name, but I will happily share by pm so everyone can avoid him at all costs. I have already provided this to several members.

I have received an Abmahnung for 800€ because I shared one movie with other users over Torrent, I have ~10 days to pay 800€. Checking on Google, I found many lawyers for this kind of subjects and I was wondering if you have seen this before or if you know any good lawyer for this in Munich. I sent tonite few emails to lawyers, let's see what they reply.

Thanks

Davide

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]