Accused of torrenting copyrighted material

3,143 posts in this topic

HAHA! Bipa! There's more than one way to skin a cat. Good find! :D

Interesting. With no UE actually given out, what is illegal about recommending someone on this forum?

I'm asking because maybe the lawyer's name I put up should also be removed.

fraufruit,

I can't imagine there's anything illegal about recommending a lawyer who can speak English and is familiar with the type of work.

OTOH, this type of request being posted by a member within minutes of joining raises the possibility of a cutely baited hook being cast in the waters.

or has anyone got a draft of a mod UE re sasse and partner walking dead. i have tried contacting 4 lawyers but all are too busy and i might need to prepare one myself.

my german is poor, the demo document online... i cant make head nor tails of it.

but if someone has an example they have filled out in direct relation to sasse and partner letters?

i would be greatful to get a look at it, even if you change your name to john doe,

2B

You would think that there's nothing illegal about posting it, otherwise we'd be very limited in what we could post. Things like, I just ate at McDonalds and it was good, would be illegal.

Perhaps the illegal part comes into effect when the person/entity demands to have the information removed and it isn't removed.

It would be interesting to know what the case is, rather than me speculating, though. Anyone have a real clue about this?

about recommending a lawyer who can speak English and is familiar with the type of work.

I never said she spoke English (she may or may not, I don't know), though, and that may just be the reason that she doesn't want her details up here.

Well, i have to say, this seems and enormous mountain over a molehill.

Yes, I PMed Guest, as I'd contacted the lawyers he said he used and got an email back saying they were too busy. I posted part of this email as proof i had done so. Guest, if you didn't want to show me the UE document... even with your name, address removed etc... the easiest way to blow me off would have been to simply say... No... I'm not comfortable doing that. Why make up some nonsense story and waste my time?

As the owner of the content of the email from the firm of lawyers, I assumed I had every right to publish it, and to ensure other people didn't waste their time on a firm too busy to take on new clients.

I had contact several firms, and got the same answer. One firm mucked me around for 5 days, made me get an authority from the account holder, then a written letter from the account holder, then demanded to meet the account holder in person. Why make me jump through all these hoops if in the end the authority is worthless?

Anyway, I have now found a new firm, they are charging 150 Euro to send the UE. They arwere more than happy to accept a faxed authority from the actual account holder to allow me to brief them and i dont need to attend their office. I can't be bothered trying to do a mod UE myself, for 150Euro why take the rest I'd muck it up?

Rather than risk having some cry baby lawyer send in a please remove my details, if anyone wants the details of who i am using, PM me. They don't speak great english, but seem to read it just fine.

Once I have a copy of the UE I will most certainly provide it online for anyone to see, with my details removed.

Thanks for clarifying your position (and your generous offer), jasminer.

When it comes to a subject area where one segment of the legal community have gained notoriety for getting seriously parasitical and operating with everything and anything but fair play it's not really surprising that there's a certain tone of anxiety regarding discussion about the tactics of a lawyer who opens their communication to the boards managment with unveiled threats of legal action.

2B

Edit: :lol: @ Perfect Poise! word.

Yes, I PMed Guest. Guest, if you didn't want to show me the UE document... Why make up some nonsense story and waste my time?

I didn't name you as the person who PM'd me. Why didn't I just come out and say no? I probably should have, but I don't like to turn people down when they ask for help, even though it may be something I'm uncomfortable with. So I guess I was hoping you would just go away. I'll work on that.

no, but it was pretty clear it was me, as i posted saying id conacted them?

Anyway, sorry to have put you on the spot, I'm not s precious a "sorry but no" from some anonomous person would crush me.

I do appreciate you might wish to keep the details of you documents to yourself.

I don't have any such issues, and will publish my UE doc.

On that note... might be worth someone starting a thread and creating a list of lawyers that help?

Surely i am not the only legally and germanly illiterate person who had trouble finding someone online? I got quotes between 150 euro to 950... seems there are two sides to this letter sword.

Surely i am not the only legally and germanly illiterate person who had trouble finding someone online?

With 35 pages on this subject... assuredly not.

Again, I'm sorry that I couldn't help, but my son is the copyright infringer, not me, and I just don't feel comfortable sharing intellectual property...

Well, I got my letter last week, from Waldorf Frommer Anwälte. Damages of 956.00 were requested. I didn't bother getting another lawyer, I just called them directly. They were very nice and I got it reduced to €750.00 and an interest-free €25 monthly payment. No need to involve any other lawyers in the process.

Seit dem 27. April 2009 richtet die Kanzlei Waldorf Frommer im Auftrag der Constantin Film AG Abmahnungen wegen der Verletzung von Urheberrechten an Teilnehmer der Tauschbörsen eMule und BitTorrent. Gegenstand dieser Abmahnungen sind die Filme 13 (Film), Der Baader Meinhof Komplex, Milk, Disaster Movie, Horst Schlämmer – Isch kandidiere!, Wickie und die starken Männer, Maria, ihm schmeckt’s nicht!, Igor[5], Männersache, Shutter Island, Werner – Eiskalt!, Zweiohrküken und seit Herbst 2011 Hörbuch von Charlotte Roche, Feuchtgebiete, die Anwaltsgebühren belaufen sich auf 506 Euro, die geforderte Schadenersatzsumme auf 450 Euro.

Yep... according to Wiki they now charge 506 euros for lawyer fees and 450 for damages = 956

Out of curiosity, was it Wickie that did you in? :ph34r:

Hi,

I am a journalist putting together a story about filesharers getting caught out after downloading films. I was just wondering if there is anyone who has ignored the letters and has heard nothing else? Also, is there anyone who has ignored the letters and ended up in court? It would be great to speak to anyone who might be able to help with this story. Please get in touch and PM me.

Thanks.

I have been reading different threads about this problem, but i still hope someone can give me an answer on the following..

Which internet providers co-operate with the law firms and who doesn't? I'm using Alice and i read somewhere that they don't co-operate, which in other words means i should be safe, or? I didn't know about this before today, but i already downloaded way to many movies.

Thanks for any answers i may have.

Hey! I've got a stupid question maybe but if my friends send me music over Skype is it also an illegal download here? And is it also somehow monitored? I used to listen mostly everything online but here everything's block and it is so damn annoying.

Hi,I received a letter today from rasch gmbh saying that i downloaded a copyrighted song and i have to pay 1200euros.The fun part is i dont have any internet connection on my name for the last 1 year and the date given in the paper is 16.12.2011.I share a internet connection with a neighbour who owns the contract.I know that the letter was a scam and they are trying to steal from me.I called rasch and asked them who gave my personal details ?they put on hold for 5 minutes to find the answer and they told they got it from telefonica o2 germany.I replied them saying that i do not have a internet connection in home for the last 1 year.they told to consult a lawyer and they cannot tell more about it. i thought i should fight back.I called o2 asked them if they gave my details and they told they did not give anything because i dont have any internet connection on my name.i was very angry and i wanted to know who gave my details when i dont have a internet connection.I am a student so my university pays for the lawyer.i have an appointment next week.I really to want to fight back because i can prove that i did not do it.I also want an apology letter from them stating i did not do it or i would like to sue the same money they sued me just to teach them a lesson or give a police complaint for a fraud letter sent by a big firm.I would like to know your suggestions ..

hi, yesterday i have received a similar letter from sasse & partner and i was wondering if any of you can PM me a lawyer contact that i can discuss with on this issue?

thanks in advance.