Astra 2F and Astra 2E - New satellites arrive

815 posts in this topic

@YL6

Yes, I realize that (at least at the moment but who knows what will happen in 2013) I can still get BBC & ITV but I wanted the HD content and 5 USA.

Reports on the interweb say that the transponder signal strengths vary considerably during the day, so it may be that they are still tinkering and the power may be upped over the next few days. I won't be rushing out to buy a dish today in panic but if the situation doesn't improve by the end of the week and after some tinkering I may well try out a 120 or 125 dish to see if I can bring in 2F.

edit: But I won't be doing that if it is raining/snowing and/or freezing.

All OK in Mainz on a 80cm dish with a Humax Freesat box. At least we can get C4HD and the ITVs. Couldn't be bothered to search for C5 as I don't think we've ever actually watched it.

Ch4 HD and 4Seven now romping in on a 90cm dish in Munich area... Cloudy conditions..

So, a full line up for me! ( except 11023)

SP,

Are you sure you're getting the 2F transponders on a 90cm in München?

Definitely worth knowing if you have achieved it because people with bigger dishes there (1m+) are reporting no signal.

What dish and LNB was used?

Reception reports for 2F across Europe - take some readings with a pinch of salt because there do seem to be some conflicting reports, eg: Berlin with a 120 but Hamburg+München not with a 120 or 150 (München).

85cm gibertini... 0.2db Smart LNB...

For your Ref... "Five" is now all pixcellated... So its clearly very weak...

On a 75cm Kathrein antenna with Smart LNB, Five Was quite reasonable...

What is that a photo of? It looks nothing like my SKY box screen. I tried to change the setting for Channel4 HD to what ever that is showing, but nothing happened. I've also lost ITV1, but not ITV HD, but because SKY boxes are so badly designed I can't rearrange the order on my favourites list, which I can on my simple Humax box.

85cm gibertini... 0.2db Smart LNB...

For your Ref... "Five" is now all pixcellated... So its clearly very weak...

On a 75cm Kathrein antenna with Smart LNB, Five Was quite reasonable...

OK, thanks. It looks like I'm going to have to go to a 120-130 dish to be on the safe side.

This is a Generic Satellite receiver...

It allows me to demonstrate the signal Levels for specific frequencies.

As for the Sky box... Yeah, they are restrictive... but its done that way so the folk in the call centers know each and every scenario!

I think we have got away quite lightly TBH,,,

OK, thanks. It looks like I'm going to have to go to a 120-130 dish to be on the safe side.

Ask the installer to bring a 1.2m dish and do a test before you buy!

Everything is working in Berlin with a 90cms dish. Up to now this is much better than I expected.

W have lost channel 5 and 5 USA and 5* but not bothered about that at all the other ones seem to be working

just lost the Channel 5s which is a bummer cuz of the kids' telly :(

what can we do to get 'em back??

Ch4 HD and 4Seven now romping in on a 90cm dish in Munich area... Cloudy conditions..

This is a Generic Satellite receiver...

It allows me to demonstrate the signal Levels for specific frequencies.

As for the Sky box... Yeah, they are restrictive... but its done that way so the folk in the call centers know each and every scenario!

So is there any way that I can force the SKY box to accept the new settings for Ch4HD? I hardly ever watch it, but I paid good money for the HD box and pay good money to SKY every month for the HD channels, so if it is possible to receive it I would like to know how.

Well... I am only reporting what I have experienced today..

The channels have only been gone for 15hrs or so...

Patience young man.. Patience!