Astra 2F and Astra 2E - New satellites arrive

815 posts in this topic

Well, from a few ' insiders' I have to admit that things are not looking good for folk in th Southern Bavaria region...

Wait until Tuesday. All is not lost.

Wait until Tuesday. All is not lost.

As this is a Thread about Astra2F.. and its replacement of Astra1N, therfore its primarilly about the UK freesat offerings.. Then I agree that "All is not lost" as there are other free channels from the same cluster of satellites!

But can you explain what you mean by "All is not lost"

"Services are currently being transferred onto Astra 2F, BBC (Tp 2.061) has been migrated to 2F whereas Channel 5 (Tp 2.057), ITV (Tp's 2.059 and 2.063), and Channel 4 (Tp 2.068) will move to Astra 2F next Tuesday. This will then mark the completion of the transfer".

So confirmation of the 11.023 H, SR 23.000 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK "8901" and "8911" (BBC 1 HD's) move to 2F

The frequencies and channels moving on Tuesday the 4th of December will be :-

10.964 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (CH5/5USA/5*/Channel 5+1),

10.994 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Granada HD/ITV 1 Central South West SD/ITV 1 Anglia West SD/ITV 1 Meridian North SD/ITV 1 Yorkshire East SD/ITV 1+1 Yorkshire SD),

11.052 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Central South SD/ITV 1 Central East SD/ITV 1+1 Wales SD/ITV 1+1 Westcountry SD/ITV 1+1 Tyne Tees SD), and

11.126 V SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (Channel 4 HD/4Seven SD)

Well, if anyone is interested, I still get all BBC channels fine on my T90 dish - I am NE of Hamburg (almost exactly 10 degrees E of Greenwich).

Everything was normal till late this afternoon. When I came in, switched on, and found "no satellite signal" staring at me.

I am in Wiesbaden, but there has been bad weather today, and I'm wondering if the dish has got snowed and iced up.

I hope that's all it is.

Anyone else in this area got problems?

FWIW - I still had all the BBC, ITV, Film 4, Channel 5, Channel 4, More 4, True Movies, Food Channels, Zone Horror, etc. etc. this evening. (didn't have to re-program anything either)

I confirm it's coming in very strong to me in Berlin now.Whilst I was messing around with it I realised I hadn't added Film4 to favourites, so had some fun with that.

The changes took place, pretty much as expected by many, at 4-5am this morning - The following channels migrated to the new satellite and are no longer receivable in Munich on a dish under 1m

10964 H Transponder 57

Channel 5 London

Channel 5 South Central

Channel 5 Scotland

Channel 5 North

Channel 5 Northern Ireland

5 USA

5 USA +1

5*

5*+1

Channel 5+1

10994 H Transponder 59

ITV Meridian North

ITV Anglia West

ITV Yorkshire East

ITV Granada HD

ITV Central South West

ITV+1 Yorkshire

11023 H Transponder 61

BBC One HD Scotland (launching soon)

BBC One HD Wales (launching soon)

11052 H Transponder 63

ITV Central South

ITV Central East

ITV+1 Wales

ITV+1 Tyne Tees

ITV+1 West

ITV London HD

11127 V Transponder 68

Channel 4 HD

4seven

Like I said - all is not lost...

It came back late last night, all of it.

It must have been the weather (I hope) Thank God for that. I had visions of my technician slipping and sliding on the icy roof, installing either a bigger dish, or wiggling the LNB. Plus the expense!

For a while, I had to endure German television. Aarghh

The following channels migrated to the new satellite and are no longer receivable in Munich on a dish under 1m

11023 H Transponder 61

BBC One HD Scotland (launching soon)

BBC One HD Wales (launching soon)

11127 V Transponder 68

Channel 4 HD

4seven

Like I said - all is not lost...

On a 90 dish in Munich.. the above channels are not available on a 90... But the others are working fine..

30Km North East of Paderborn

85cm dish

Humax Foxsat HDR

Channels on 10964H and 11127V now show signal strength at 80 to 85% .

A random sample of channels not listed by YL6 still show signal strength at 100%

3 new channels were also added overnight: Sky News, Challenge TV & Pick TV

3 new channels were also added overnight: Sky News, Challenge TV & Pick TV

They were actually added on Sunday/Monday night, but have nothing to do with the new satellite. It may be your Freesat receiver didn't actually "see" them until later in the day or the next night when it ran its daily "housekeeping" update.

Well the question now remains is when will the rest of the PSB channels move over to the new sat? I am getting all the tests 8901, 8911 as well as the channels that have transferred over with about 80% signal quality. Turns out a bird had done a big shit on the LNB and LNB needed cleaning. Hence my earlier problems with 8901 8911. From what I have read so far it is eastern and southern Germany having problems... ie one guy from Schöningen cant get anything on a 100cm dish. Feel sorry for the ex pats in the east and far south.

Those channels from YL6 also now not available on a T90 NE of Hamburg.

Motherf*cker.

Some friends of mine are getting the free to air channels through Apple TV and a connector between the computer and the TV.

Way to go if Sat TV goes pear shaped.

But the T90 is not the most efficient dish antenna...

No but it's useful when you've got 4 LNBs on one dish.

I've just been looking at a couple of German forums and nobody has yet picked up a signal for those moved channels in the Hamburg area.

Only person reporting from Hamburg so far tested on his 90cm 'normal' dish and couldn't get a pic. Someone in Göppingen (just East of Hannover) doesn't get a signal on a 1m.

Looks like I may have to try upgrading to a 120-130cm.

PS: Installer in Spain (Murcia) says he is getting 2F on a 1.1m dish and 0.1dB LNB.

Motherf*cker.

Looks like I may have to try upgrading to a 120-130cm.

I don't understand your problem. Unless you are particularly tied to watching 5 USA or 5* which may be lost forever with a bit of receiver tweaking you should be able to get everything you want. Maybe not from the geographic region you want (but that only really affects short local news bulletins) or maybe not on an HD variant, but everything is there if you look for it. For example I would lose ITV Yorkshire in HD. It's still there in SD, but I could now watch ITV Central if I really want the HD content.