Astra 2F and Astra 2E - New satellites arrive

815 posts in this topic

Well no one knows why there has been such a delay in the transfer to the new sat probably some sort of technical problem. We will just have to wait. my reception in Limburg of the test signal is crap on a 90 cm dish. Its a good 30-40% lower signal quality than equivalent 1N transmissions frequent pixellation, dropout etc...shit

Different test frequencies for Astra 2F are being quoted online:

The KingOfSat page quoted earlier in this thread now shows 11024 H rather than 11023 H.

Both numbers are circulating on discussion fora.

The fact that people did get signal on 11023H suggests it was in use at some time but perhaps the transponder changed frequency at some time.

Thanks SpiderPig will be useful to know that.

Here in Mainz we're waiting with nervous apprehension - if Welshman is not getting much in Limburg with a 90cm dish, then I think that we may be stuffed in Mainz with our 80cm!

Am I right in thinking that Sky will probably stay with the pan Europe beam (have I got that right? Not very technical here!) rather than move to the new, tighter UK beam? If that's the case, then moving to Sky might be an option for us. But we won't really know what's happening until services move to the new satellite.

It feels a bit like the dentist's waiting room, when you know you've got to have root canal work done...

Lyra, I amnt sure if you realise it but sky only broadcasts their own channels (Sky Sport, Movies etc) and does not carry their own duplicate version of BBC/ ITV, so if you think that by getting sky you will get better bbc/itv reception then you'll be dissapointed.

Yes, I thought that they re-broadcast ITV and most of the other Freeview/FreeSat channels. BBC I guess, would be back to proxy and I Player. Still, have to see what the signal is like. Reports from people who have been trying to pick it up seem very mixed at the moment. I've been looking at statellites.co.uk and am amazed by the lengths people go to! 5m dishes in places like Crete...like having your own personal Jodrell Bank!

SKY does re-broadcast the ITV channels.

mmmm

from checking it seems that ITV2, 3 and 4 HD is only available through the sky platform and on the Astra 2A North satelite.

The rest(41 variations of regional and +1 services and ITV1 HD) are unencrypted on Astra 1N which is the satelite that to be turned off presently.

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Friggen heck, I *just* got my tv up and running again yesterday. Now I have to find a new satelite? :(

Well.. As usual, there is a lot of Scaremongering going on.

until everything is in place and descissions have been made, nothing is Certain.

I am currently in Frankfurt and on a 90cm antenna I am getting Pictures and a rock steady signal

In my apartment, I have only a 45cm Selfsat ( I am comparing the performance of this antenna to a 45cm Skymini dish) and I am getting stable picture.. but the signal quality fluctuates quite a bit...

@ Hansolo... Please call me..

post-3033-1354209386275.jpg

post-3033-13542094016383.jpg

Good news, I will breath a bit easier now - good chance we'll still get Strictly Come Dancing and Match of the Day come Saturday!

Thanks very much Spidey!

Still very bad here in Berlin. Only Channel 5 is looking good in addition to the free ones.All BBC and ITV and C4 say no satellite signal. They were all nice and clear for ages.

I'm moving to Hamburg in the new year and one of the things I'll be looking for is UK TV if the landlord lets me put a dish up. Should I take my existing sky+ HD box and viewing card to get the free to air channels?

Up here in Neumünster (60 km north of Hamburg)everything is working as normal :) can't give any tips on the sky box thing though

Still very bad here in Berlin. Only Channel 5 is looking good in addition to the free ones.All BBC and ITV and C4 say no satellite signal. They were all nice and clear for ages.

Something is wrong with your setup, I have a 90cms dish and I still can see the BBC and ITV channels (FTA), same with C4 and C5.

Mine is only 80-85cm and is quite old now and seems very sensitive to the weather, it was all excellent throught the summer. This morning I hae some of those missing channels back but at half strength, the weather seems clearer. Channel 5 and CITV the best and BBC very blocky apt from CBBC. Seems like I need a new 90cm a some point , could be an opportunity to get a HD set up with 2 LNBs.Who did your setup Krieg?

Well, from a few ' insiders' I have to admit that things are not looking good for folk in th Southern Bavaria region...

Testing will be taking place this coming week to asses what size dish will be needed..

It is believed that the switch over will be complete by wednesday at the latest...

Regards